remove this

Can't say I am in support. If there are people who wish to roleplay this kind of roleplay, they are more than free to do so but I am not in favor of forcing this roleplay on any person on the server, even if it just happens to a small player base.

You'd need to have knowledge about what you are going to roleplay as every other disease is different and has other symptoms, which would then require the person to have that knowledge or you'd need a huge ass script that informs you of the symptoms. 

I doubt anyone will enjoy this, apart from medical people or people who actually enjoy it. People roleplay for fun, not to get infected on a virtual game and having to go to a doctor for it. 

I like the concept, but I wouldn't want it implemented. While it would give the hospital staff more to roleplay, nobody would take pleasure in roleplaying it. Most people come to the server to roleplay a fictional aspect of their life that they can't do in real life. Nobody wishes to roleplay an illness, hence why the server isn't roleplaying COVID.

7 hours ago, CertifiedKiller said:

"It'S ToO Rpg iSh"

You kind of said it yourself. A system such as this is in no way, shape or form needed as long as people roleplay their own character's flaws. Why should I suddenly get Hepatitis Alphabet Soup for walking around because a random function on the back-end of things rolled a dice on me? There is a reason we do not need a hunger or thirst system either.

This is a terrible idea with really good intentions. Any game mechanics that exist solely to force people to role play is always a bad idea. Instead we should be thinking of solutions to encourage players to engage in this role play more as there is absolutely nothing stopping them from doing so script wise.

Good thinking though.

Edited by Lunarmare

This is not something that needs a script in my opinion. Sure, if this was added then people might make more of an effort to RP with FD and medical staff at a hospital to get whatever script meds they need, but I'm willing to bet that the RP will be subpar and very "gamey" more often than not. I'm not in favor of this, just leave it to people's discretion to RP whatever sickness they want and when they want. You can't fix an issue with player RP habbits by adding a script that forces players to do something.

• Upvote 1

While sounds great in theory, it won't work out well through scripting especially since you can't get sick IRL by some random chance, but more so of your consequences of whatever you did to get you sick. Not to mention some people are more prone to get sick, whereas others not so much due to immunity system.

What I would be in support of is for a guide to be posted on the forums of common illnesses, ways to treat it and so forth that can be easily accessible and perhaps easy to read with common and maybe not so common illnesses and ways to treat them and so on as many people may not be willing to spend hours to research some illness unless they really want to.

I believe that would be quite a bit more helpful than a script system that just adds more RPG elements.