Breaking into other vehicles

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so please do correct me if I'm mistaken or if there's already a notice posted somewhere.

I'm suggesting a way for players to break into other player's vehicles, which would also introduce an alarm hot-wiring system. As of right now, you're only able to steal another player's vehicle if the doors are unlocked and the engine is on. Now, I've heard someone in past (I don't remember who) talking about not wanting a mass-grand-theft-auto scenario happening in the server, but I personally think it provides more roleplay and realism to criminal roleplayers. This would also give the LSPD something more to do. What do you guys think? Let's put those Hammers and Wrenches to use!

My issue is that how can someone hear a car alarm from an interior with the way the interior works. How would we account for being at a friend's house and someone sabotages your car but the alarm goes off? ICly you'd totally hear it, but having it message the owner is non-ideal. I've had a similar situation happen once - cops were outside with sirens but we didn't know this OOCly until like, just before the cops kicked in the door so we had to redo the scene because in all IC sense we totally would have heard.

1 hour ago, Maybe Magpie said:

My issue is that how can someone hear a car alarm from an interior with the way the interior works. How would we account for being at a friend's house and someone sabotages your car but the alarm goes off? ICly you'd totally hear it, but having it message the owner is non-ideal. I've had a similar situation happen once - cops were outside with sirens but we didn't know this OOCly until like, just before the cops kicked in the door so we had to redo the scene because in all IC sense we totally would have heard.

A solution to this would be to get a text message like in LSRP. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...