Development team : What's coming soon in 2021?

Nervous

Hello everyone,

I haven't shared our development plans for a while, so the new year is a good moment to do so!

As you all know, we're all working for passion in the development team, it is not a paid job nor we force any deadline / tasks on anyone. Full game developers are free to work on approved tasks that they think can be challenging, a good training for them or that they enjoy doing, myself including. It is a very important thing to keep in mind to ensure that we're all not burned out of what we're doing, to ensure that we keep bringing you quality updates every weeks as usual.

However, it has led to many updates being focused on the same area and left illegal players with a lack of general updates during 2020. In order to tackle this issue, I'll re-prioritize all tasks to illegal roleplay suggestions / improvements for 2021, and I'm going to create tomorrow a group of 8 illegal faction leaders whose goal will be to participate in active discussions in a Discord group with me and @Shanks  to come up with a list of features to develop for 2021 to improve illegal roleplay. This list will be added in top priority for our development plans.

I am quite happy of the current state of our legal roleplay, and of all the major UI / new player experience we've made the past year. Regular legal updates will still be released and we'll also be releasing 3 major new games that all players will be able to experience :

A dart game:

enn9n6l.png

Golfing :

VByjF6E.png

Pool script :

teX0Yxn.png

We're also planning a major revamp of the economy, with a full trail for all money transactions made ingame (credit cards, "cash" payments to businesses, bank accounts etc.) in order to have a realistic usage of cash / bank money. Cash money could be used as dirty money but you'll need to be careful to protect it, while bank money will be considered laundered / legal money.

The goal is to trigger alerts for high amount of money deposited on your account without any previous legit trails, allowing a new group / faction to investigate money laundering.

Businesses will be fully integrated in these new mechanics for illegal players as you'll be the main money laundering system : you can register cash payment and claim to have sold a specific service that you never performed. Investigators will also access all your business transactions and could verify each actions.

Such revamp will allow major links between the business world and illegal roleplayers which I can't wait to see!

And of course, the 1.1 update is still due to land soon! A live test will begin this week on the server to beta test it with 200+ players online. RageMP fixed most of the remaining major bugs we reported, and they want us to verify a last remaining major issue that some other servers are having.

If we aren't facing any major issues during the live test, we'll be ready to deploy 1.1 on the server. The update will bring major sync improvements, the ability to add hundreds of new mods into the game (new clothes!) and much more!

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 60
  • Thanks 5
  • Applaud 12
8 minutes ago, Nervous said:

And of course, the 1.1 update is still due to land soon! A live test will begin this week on the server to beta test it with 200+ players online. RageMP fixed most of the remaining major bugs we reported, and they want us to verify a last remaining major issue that some other servers are having.

Man! Hopefully I can finally get on this time