RageMP 1.1 - Excited?

1.1 is still buggy at this moment. I've tried the test server and the two most apparent glitches are one, the menu button on controllers do not bring up the pause menu. And the second thing is how it takes literally forever for the game to go to fullscreen mode from windowed mode, compare to not even a second in 0.3.7. And the two problems are present on gta:world test server as well as all other servers using 1.1 so it is a definitely 1.1 problem. Needless to say, we are all excited for better vehicle syncs and fixing how bikes fly around, but rage is not going to have absolute sync like GTA:OL and FiveM in the foreseeable future. 

I'm actually concerned if the rumors are true about vehicle damage being synced... that's no bueno. Every single dent and scratch will remain on your vehicle unless you go to a garage and feed more and more cash into the already filthy rich mechanic community.

Not all damage to vehicles is the driver's fault. Sometimes you spawn your car and it spawns on it's side and bam, your entire vehicle is filled with scratches and all of your windows are smashed.

Edited by Lemon

Cars, clothing (especially uniforms for legal factions), hairstyles, tats, perhaps getting those custom modelled guns in like we ought to after the weapon wheel update. It's a game changer not to be limited to 255 slots in everything. Rockstar itself has more of everything I just mentioned but we can't get them for one reason or another. Synced gunfights with point cover and less running and gunning is a plus too.

17 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I'm actually concerned if the rumors are true about vehicle damage being synced... that's no bueno. Every single dent and scratch will remain on your vehicle unless you go to a garage and feed more and more cash into the already filthy rich mechanic community.

Not all damage to vehicles is the driver's fault. Sometimes you spawn your car and it spawns on it's side and bam, your entire vehicle is filled with scratches and all of your windows are smashed.

Damage being synced is something entirely different than damage being persistent.

What I understand from it, damage being synced simply means that if you crash into something in Paleto Bay, that damage shows up on players that see you when you drive into the city an hour later.

Damage being persistent would mean there is no way to fix any damage on your car other than through IC means, regardless whether it was caused by IC events or not. But I think that would be up to server scripting to implement and not to Rage. As far as I know, the exact reason /vpark is free and available everywhere is so you can despawn your car and respawn it if needed because of nonsensical damages.

2 minutes ago, GHawkins said:

Damage being synced is something entirely different than damage being persistent.

What I understand from it, damage being synced simply means that if you crash into something in Paleto Bay, that damage shows up on players that see you when you drive into the city an hour later.

Damage being persistent would mean there is no way to fix any damage on your car other than through IC means, regardless whether it was caused by IC events or not. But I think that would be up to server scripting to implement and not to Rage. As far as I know, the exact reason /vpark is free and available everywhere is so you can despawn your car and respawn it if needed because of nonsensical damages.

I sure hope so!

• Wuhtah locked this topic