Mechanic Menu - Owned property?

Phased

Me and a few friends were considering putting together a group to run a mechanic store, as quite often when we're playing there's none open to public, but when I went around the map looking at good exterior's for mechanic garages, all of them had the mechanic menu point.

Does this mean the garage is owned by someone, or have these all been set and left in the past?   I don't want to go and request a property when someone already owns it, and waste everyone's time.

Mechanical garages may be currently owned by players, leased out or to be leased in the future aka not in use / inactive / managed by Property Management. As of now, mechanical garages cannot be requested as a business like other avenues throgh property requests and only aquired through a business lease which can be found on the UCP under https://ucp.gta.world -> Property Requests -> Submit a Request -> Lease Applications.

All mechanic garage scripts (interaction points) are only given away as leases, and they're never owned properties. Due to the nature of the scripts, and their high income - we'd (property management) would rather keep tabs on all of them to ensure quality control. As Orca mentioned, you'll have to wait until leases are announced available within Property Management's discord before you could apply for one. 

To answer your initial question, not all points are owned by players. Some scripts are without owner, and are just sitting there.

• Upvote 1