Evading Cops Afterwards

Tyrone1460

Lay low for an IRL month and they will probably forget about you, unless they randomly check your plates. Numerous variables must be taken into consideration. If your character really cared for their life? Then, invest in a new vehicle. Issue is, they caught your plates from the previous vehicle, indicating that they have your name.

Stay in hiding and maintain a low-profile if it's some thing serious, unless your character's willing to do the time.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
On 1/4/2021 at 6:26 AM, Shaderz said:

I'd say there are two options, at least that I can  think off the top of my head:

1. Remove the license plate. You can do this by unscrewing the bolts attached to it and they will come off, it's that simple. You will need a wrench or a screwdriver for this. From here on, you have two options:
    1. Drive around without a license plate. Needless to say, you can and will most likely get pulled over by cops for this, because it is illegal to drive around without one. They might tow away and impound your vehicle, especially if it's not registered, and issue you a traffic citation. If they know you are a criminal and are looking for you, you're done.
    2. Replace the license plate with a new one. You can attempt to steal another vehicle's license plate to use on your vehicle. This will raise a lot less suspicion, but you will need to drive very carefully too if you don't want to get pulled over and caught by the police.
  2. You can spray over the license plate, making them barely readable. You will need to do this very often though, because depending on what type of spray you use, it may disappear over time. 

There are probably more options you can resort to, but these are the only ones that I can currently come up with. Please just ensure you roleplay everything accordingly, especially if you get caught. If you get caught without license plates or you sprayed over them, make sure you roleplay that through a /do, otherwise, you'd be PowerGaming. I hope this helps.

There are a few things I need to say in response to this.

Firstly, after roleplaying that you get your license plate removed, you need to contact an administrator. Now, I believe this could result in you requiring to re-register your vehicle once again once you want a plate on it. The rest of the first point is true.

Secondly, for Point 1 - 2, if you remove another vehicle's license plate and place it on yours, it will also be very risky as certain police fleet have Automatic License Plate Readers. So, RPly, if the device reads a license plate, it'll bring up a different car/make/model/color which will immediately make police suspicious that they're either stolen plates or something's wrong.

Thirdly, for point 2 (last point), sprayed over the license plate is considered an obstruction of your plate which is bound to have you pulled over as well.

Catch-22 is certain divisions within the LSPD employ ALPR tech on their cars. 

You drive with a faulty/no plate, they'll nail you for it on the spot for registration violations.

You drive with a regular plate, commit a crime & you manage to get one of those specialized units after you, and they get a scan of your plate, you're hooped. They'll know in seconds who you are, provided it's not a stolen vehicle.

Them ALPR's are no joke.

If you've ever wondered why a police car's driving very slowly, and close to parked cars by the side of the road, or pulls in behind you and stays there, it's reading the plates.

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
  • 1 month later...
On 1/4/2021 at 1:26 PM, Shaderz said:

I'd say there are two options, at least that I can  think off the top of my head:

1. Remove the license plate. You can do this by unscrewing the bolts attached to it and they will come off, it's that simple. You will need a wrench or a screwdriver for this. From here on, you have two options:
    1. Drive around without a license plate. Needless to say, you can and will most likely get pulled over by cops for this, because it is illegal to drive around without one. They might tow away and impound your vehicle, especially if it's not registered, and issue you a traffic citation. If they know you are a criminal and are looking for you, you're done.
    2. Replace the license plate with a new one. You can attempt to steal another vehicle's license plate to use on your vehicle. This will raise a lot less suspicion, but you will need to drive very carefully too if you don't want to get pulled over and caught by the police.
  2. You can spray over the license plate, making them barely readable. You will need to do this very often though, because depending on what type of spray you use, it may disappear over time. 

There are probably more options you can resort to, but these are the only ones that I can currently come up with. Please just ensure you roleplay everything accordingly, especially if you get caught. If you get caught without license plates or you sprayed over them, make sure you roleplay that through a /do, otherwise, you'd be PowerGaming. I hope this helps.

Are there any scriptwise commands to do it?  - Because if you'll get pulled over by cops with a wanted plate on your car. You can tell them x100 times that you changed the plate numbers with RP , they won't care and will say - ''keep it ic''.

tips from a pro here: never, ever use your own vehicle. see your personal vehicle is like a big beacon back to who you are.

think of your car as your face, an extension of yourself, you'd cover your face with a mask wouldn't you? Thats why you don't want to use a set of wheels registered to you with your address and license on file for every cop read

steal a vehicle or purchase one without registration, but be advised not having a plate is cause for being pulled over

• Wuhtah locked this topic