Evading Cops Afterwards

Tyrone1460

These are indeed all questions that should be found out IC, police have ways of finding evading players that you may not know about just like in real life and that's just how it should be. It is possible to successfully evade police using basic common sense, not drawing attention to yourself etc if you don't wanna get caught, be more careful with planning your crimes. Ez!

In these kinds of situations you have to keep realism in mind. People often see that in singleplayer they can just change the color of their car or change the wheels to get away from the cops. In singleplayer, these are instant. We're on an RP server so these kinds of things take time.

Painting a car, including the drying process after, takes quite a while. A lot of mechanic shops do it in 5 to 10 minutes for convenience sake. It's something I'm against personally as players like to rush mechanics but that's another topic entirely. Changing the appearance of your car, especially when it gives your character a big advantage, should take some time. Consequences are a big part of this RP community. If your character thinks they can risk getting caught by leaving their car with a random mechanic for a few hours then that part is up to you. You certainly shouldn't have your car's appearance changed in 10 minutes and then start driving it around. It falls under powergaming.

You also have to remember that cops are players too. They're not singleplayer NPCs. Any tricks you may have learned from singleplayer games may not work here. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Moonsong said:

These are indeed all questions that should be found out IC, police have ways of finding evading players that you may not know about just like in real life and that's just how it should be. It is possible to successfully evade police using basic common sense, not drawing attention to yourself etc if you don't wanna get caught, be more careful with planning your crimes. Ez!

how do u find out how to remove a plate icly if theres no script for it, OP question was definently not something that should be found IC

15 minutes ago, Pathway said:

how do u find out how to remove a plate icly if theres no script for it, OP question was definently not something that should be found IC

Agreed, unscrewing a plate from the front and back of a vehicle is something you should be able to do at any time without prior IC knowledge. 

14 hours ago, Shaderz said:

I'd say there are two options, at least that I can  think off the top of my head:

1. Remove the license plate. You can do this by unscrewing the bolts attached to it and they will come off, it's that simple. You will need a wrench or a screwdriver for this. From here on, you have two options:
    1. Drive around without a license plate. Needless to say, you can and will most likely get pulled over by cops for this, because it is illegal to drive around without one. They might tow away and impound your vehicle, especially if it's not registered, and issue you a traffic citation. If they know you are a criminal and are looking for you, you're done.
    2. Replace the license plate with a new one. You can attempt to steal another vehicle's license plate to use on your vehicle. This will raise a lot less suspicion, but you will need to drive very carefully too if you don't want to get pulled over and caught by the police.
  2. You can spray over the license plate, making them barely readable. You will need to do this very often though, because depending on what type of spray you use, it may disappear over time. 

There are probably more options you can resort to, but these are the only ones that I can currently come up with. Please just ensure you roleplay everything accordingly, especially if you get caught. If you get caught without license plates or you sprayed over them, make sure you roleplay that through a /do, otherwise, you'd be PowerGaming. I hope this helps.

Are there commands already available for unscrewing the actual license plate and taking another cars' or would it be done through RP?

I agree with Keane regarding changing the look of your car, changing a paintjob is not an easy task nor it's an instant one. Yes, mechanics in this server does it on a range of 30-40 minutes and some are doing it under 15 minutes but realistically it'd take three days or less to redo the paint on a car.

Somebody actually asked me to redo their paint after they just escaped the cops, I declined icly and said it'd take three days or less because I don't think it's fair if I do 30-40 mins of roleplay and they drive the car around after that to possibly avoid cops.

I wouldn't recommend changing the paint, unless you could roleplay to park your vehicle on the mechanic shop for three days.. or, you know, just hide your car somewhere and not use it?

If you needa ask how to evade cops i dont think you should try evading cops, just gonna put that out there real quick.

Generally though if you evaded in your own car, there's really nothing you can do, you're gonna be caught eventually no matter how much you change your car up or how quickly you get rid of the license plate.

• Wuhtah locked this topic