Evading Cops Afterwards

Tyrone1460

I have some questions from someone that's somewhat new. So say a person has ran from the cops successfully. Clearly doing stuff like changing the paint, tires, and other exterior appearances would help. But I'm wondering if there's anything to do about the license plate or anything like that? I'm not sure exactly how cops track someone that has ran away, but I'm thinking license plates is a big one? Any advice/tips on what to do in these kinds of situations?

13 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Sounds more like an IC question you ask fellow "criminals". Asking this OOC here is sort of Metagaming because people will give you OOC tips how to evade cops ICly.

I don't this can be considered metagaming though. Everyone who roleplays a criminal has more or less, in one way or another, done their own research. We don't have actual Surenos portraying Surenos (I hope), it's mostly people who've looked into it, got to know more from other players and such and, in time, got where they are right now. Everyone is using OOC tips in order to improve their characters and if we don't contribute to this discussion, OP will just go on Google and do the same thing. I don't think this counts as metagaming at all. I think we should much rather have informed criminals than people driving around in sports cars and starting pursuits because no one told them not to, right?

On topic though, what a criminal would most likely do is not use the vehicle entirely - hide it and keep it hidden. If your character uses a car to evade, don't use that car again. Try to lay low for as long as possible. PD/SD might have your plate, might have your name, they might even have a warrant on you. The thing is that you don't know - maybe they have no idea who you are so that's the tricky part. The most important thing is to keep a realistic stance on things for as long as possible - don't evade the cops and then go to a club.

What I think is extremely important to note is to not evade at all unless it's 100% necessary and to not start a shootout unless it's 100% necessary. Risking losing your freedom for a long time or even your life over a charge that's worth nothing is not ok.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Sounds more like an IC question you ask fellow "criminals". Asking this OOC here is sort of Metagaming because people will give you OOC tips how to evade cops ICly.

Has it really come to a point where people can't ask for anything regarding the script that might help them out with their roleplay?

• Upvote 11

I'd say there are two options, at least that I can  think off the top of my head:

1. Remove the license plate. You can do this by unscrewing the bolts attached to it and they will come off, it's that simple. You will need a wrench or a screwdriver for this. From here on, you have two options:
    1. Drive around without a license plate. Needless to say, you can and will most likely get pulled over by cops for this, because it is illegal to drive around without one. They might tow away and impound your vehicle, especially if it's not registered, and issue you a traffic citation. If they know you are a criminal and are looking for you, you're done.
    2. Replace the license plate with a new one. You can attempt to steal another vehicle's license plate to use on your vehicle. This will raise a lot less suspicion, but you will need to drive very carefully too if you don't want to get pulled over and caught by the police.
  2. You can spray over the license plate, making them barely readable. You will need to do this very often though, because depending on what type of spray you use, it may disappear over time. 

There are probably more options you can resort to, but these are the only ones that I can currently come up with. Please just ensure you roleplay everything accordingly, especially if you get caught. If you get caught without license plates or you sprayed over them, make sure you roleplay that through a /do, otherwise, you'd be PowerGaming. I hope this helps.

Scriptwisely I don't think there's any way to get rid of your license plate. You can of course drive around in an unregistered car, but that will catch attention from any patrol units and your car will get destroyed if you're caught after evading (in an unregistered car) so make sure not to get a too expensive car.

Not to mention that cars without license plates parked on public roads will most likely get impounded if seen by a cop, so there's that.

Edited by LennyBE
  • Wuhtah locked this topic