Davis LTD?

WheresSonny

Davis LTD reminded me of Idlewood / Idlestacks on LSRP. People know what I mean..

I once roleplayed there as a Manager when Joan Pickering ran the store. I spent more time talking and calling with the police than actual store roleplay. Its best if someone takes the store upon them and drasticly improve the realism in recruitment and management too.

From the replies of this thread I gather that the only thing making GTAW apart from LSRP is that we have a bigger map that prevents most of the interactions in the first place? No one should blame a gas station for causing deathmatch, it was all on the players who could not portray a realistic character, players who just  are bored and the only thing they can think of is to provoke someone, so they too have a change with roleplaying with the cops. Isn't this the ultimate goal? Get noticed by the cops? I don't know, it feels like it that for many people it is the ONLY goal and the axis of their character. They lack the patients to make their stories slow-burn and not NCIS style solve-a-case-per-episode.

I wasn't here when LTD was open but I have heard there has been a lot less RP in Davis since it has been gone. That being said, I think having a spot such as LTD to have everyone with different ways of RP from Davis and outside of Davis RP, no one goes to the mall, and people are not going to "organize" the type of RP that would come from a natural setting at the LTD. Having rival gangs and such beef at somewhere like the LTD lead to a lot more RP, not to mention interesting RP. Sure people might kill a lot there but that isn't the gas station's fault and that is all an IC thing not an OOC one, if you put yourself in a position to get killed or robbed or whatever else then you deal with the consequences, period. 

Well, to be quite honest here... brutally honest, it's a good thing it's not how it was. Davis which is based on Compton, was basically Little Iraq and didn't make sense to have 20+ homicides daily occur there. 

In my opinion though, removing it doesn't solve the issue as everyone will find a new LTD. The best solution is what @Henning stated, by adding maybe 3-5 24/7s in Davis, Chamberlain and Rancho.

• Upvote 1

how the fuck is removing a store script going to stop dm. the people who shot/fought eachother at davis 24/7 never used to actually buy shit from it they just congregated outside. u fixed nothing unless u deleted the entire mass of land and replaced it with something else davis 247 is still there

Gang roleplay isn’t all about Davis LTD. You have many other places in the Davis and Strawberry area to go to. 

Also, the person who was leasing Davis LTD went inactive and took off the lease I’m pretty sure so now it’s currently NPC.

Also, the script isn’t gone?

Edited by tomatoz