Allow /bad to be used for events unrelated to business or organizations

yag tnera spart

Short description: Allow /bad to be used for events unrelated to business or organizations

Detailed description: As of right now if I want to organize an event unrelated to a business or an organization I have to use /blip, I do not think that is a fair rule because I pay for a service that I can't even use to generate roleplay without gaining any profit. 

And no, illegal events should be always forbidden even from /bad.

How would your suggestion improve the server? I am supporting the server giving it money, but I cannot organize events because /blip would be needed (Platinum only command) which is not that cheap as well.

Additional information:

• Upvote 2

I previously didn't even know you couldn't use /bad for events, until I was told by an admin I couldn't host my car meet using /bad. I checked it up with Canadian, who is management and he said himself you can't use /bad for events like car meets and similar events of that kind.

I fully support this post, because as of late I've been told by admins you can't use /bad for events, but you're meant to use /blip instead, which is a platinum feature only. Let people host events using /bad, because locking /blip behind a platinum paywall is incredibly shady, and directly forces people who want to host events into paying for platinum, which not everyone can afford, myself included.

26 minutes ago, DLimit said:

In the end, you're capable of producing a /blip before posting a regular /ad.

But /blip is only for premium users while /bad is allowed for gold too. I honestly don't see why not it and it seems like an exaggeration from Management.

2 minutes ago, Sim said:

But /blip is only for premium users while /bad is allowed for gold too. I honestly don't see why not it and it seems like an exaggeration from Management.

Blip should be permitted for Gold users, as-well, then, with maybe a timer that is fifteen minutes long rather than thirty minutes long.

2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Blip should be permitted for Gold users, as-well, then, with maybe a timer that is fifteen minutes long rather than thirty minutes long.

This will not be allowed by Nervous, it's been suggested before and it will be denied. Simply asking for allowing events to be part of /bad is enough as /bad is a just a way to put a blip on the map alongside an advertisement.

New feature? Add a temporary /event command you can use (once an hour?) that produces an advertisement and gets added to a list in the main menu, just like Open Businesses. Add a timer to it just like business ads, so that it only stays in the menu for a certain amount of time. Obviously this would have to be enforced for abusers using it for things that are not temporary events. Could be useful for more group gathering type events.

So you type /event Car meet at Del Perro Pier! at the exact place the meet is going to be. This will produce an advertisement under [EVENT] in the chat box and then adds the event to a list like the picture below. Once in the list, you can hit enter on the event and it will automatically generate a GPS route on your map to get there.

n8zsBH4.png

21 hours ago, Onson said:

I previously didn't even know you couldn't use /bad for events, until I was told by an admin I couldn't host my car meet using /bad. I checked it up with Canadian, who is management and he said himself you can't use /bad for events like car meets and similar events of that kind.

I fully support this post, because as of late I've been told by admins you can't use /bad for events, but you're meant to use /blip instead, which is a platinum feature only. Let people host events using /bad, because locking /blip behind a platinum paywall is incredibly shady, and directly forces people who want to host events into paying for platinum, which not everyone can afford, myself included.

I was told by another administrator that you could use /bad for that, so uhh.... May have to get confirmation from a higher up admin because it seems to be going both ways.

17 minutes ago, tomatoz said:

I was told by another administrator that you could use /bad for that, so uhh.... May have to get confirmation from a higher up admin because it seems to be going both ways.

I strongly believe that as long as common sense is applied it is indeed no issue.

Let's consult the rules to be sure:

Business ads (/bad) are a feature for donators used to place a blip on the map to mark a business that is currently open. /bad should only be used for this purpose.

Focus here on "should".

This is imho well enough worded to allow occasional exceptions, such as the example described by the op where a non-business-entity opens for an event that is meant for the public.

Personally, I've stretched it a bit further for the past days even (again, focus on should), by using /bad actively to promote an upcoming event (opposed to the "Currently opened business", as the rules suggest).

This was business related, but if I picked words against me I could also focus on "currently open", and abstained from advertising it.

Needless to point out- common sense indicates my character had all rights and means to promote that new year's eve party on all available channels (we handed out flyers ic too and stuff, it's not like I had sat in the house spamming /bad for days only, I dropped them in hourly frequence if at all for the upfront promotion).

The wording of the rule is a clear positive encouragement to stick to the described pattern, but there's no mention that one must not do this if it's the plausible strategy to advertise an event and one has the donator features.

tl;dr,

the rules do not actually prohibit the op's desired course of action- the use of /bad for this is fully legitimate, as long as it's the exception stating the rule and the event makes sense to be publicly promoted.

Unless told to not to by an admin and insisting to do it you're on the safe side.

Edited by knppel
  • mj2002 locked this topic