A halt on ingame report

ThatDutchPerson

Just now, eTaylor said:

It's Christmas, and the new year is just a few hours away for a lot of people. The fact that there are so many unanswered items doesn't mean admins are bad at handling reports, you gotta keep in mind that a lot of them are focusing more on IRL things right now too. 

I never said they are bad at handling reports. Infact, I said the exact opposite.

But thanks for your input! 🙂 

28 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Short description: A halt in ingame reports.

Detailed description: It is clear that at the current pace the admin team is overloaded with reports. I suggest a temporary halt on ingame reports so the admins can focus this fully on the forums. A report ingame has become useless at the moment given the 60+ minutes response times.

I am in no way saying the admins are lazy, or stupid, or dont work enough. They are working their asses off and we all appreciate that. But the workload is becoming too much to be handled in a timely manner.

I suggest a halt on ingame reports untill the forum report section of unanswered reports is back to 1 page.

Commands to add:

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Additional information:

In-game reports have usefulness especially when it has nothing to do with a player report. Sometimes there is a genuine bug that needs Admin intervention. How does one get that handled if in-game reports aren't available? This is not the solution, sorry! Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, The OG Juicebox said:

In-game reports have usefulness especially when it has nothing to do with a player report. Sometimes there is a genuine bug that needs Admin intervention. How does one get that handled if in-game reports aren't available? This is not the solution, sorry! Just my opinion.

I changed it into a thread for everyone to contribute. Im just trying to get dialogue going so we can collectively think of a solution to get some workload off of their shoulders.

To your reply however, they can still consult the helpers who can escalate if needed with /helpme.

A suggestion to lessen the load on staff members is for community members to stop being chimpanzees in game, however, everyone makes mistakes because all of us are human, myself included. I make plenty of mistakes, but the best way to combat it is to handle it with the other party like adults rather than call staff everytime you lose a situation. I'm not saying you in particular, but that's how it seems on here an awful lot of the time. Other issues usually relate to DM or poor escalation, bad roleplay or portrayal, and all of those issues should be showcased on the forums if they're that major.

I don't think taking out in-game reports helps anyone. It'll cause a flood of shitpost on the forums and cause a literal dumpster fire in the report section. If we have 50+ reports A DAY and ten to fifteen [and that's being generous] staff members taking reports every-so often [many of which takes days and or weeks to resolve] it would be more problematic than helpful.

I think your hearts in the right place, but your idea isn't. It doesn't really make any sense and won't help anyone. 

No. 

This is like Donald Trump saying if we stop testing for COVID, COVID would go away. Eliminating IG reports might open up more time for people to focus on forum reports, but those IG reports go somewhere, they won't just disappear because they aren't being answered. If anything this suggestion will make the issue worse not better.

Though, I'm in agreement something should be done. I understand that staff is a volunteer position but this is the case in basically any RP community on any game. I've been RPing for 11 years now across multiple games and genre's, GTAW has the largest staff team out of any community I've been apart of and yet it has the slowest possible response times on reports out of every community in those 11 years. I understand that it's a volunteer position but at what point is does it stop being a valid excuse and start becoming a reason to revamp staff because things seem to be hitting a tipping point.

This solves the issue how? You do realize that the forums will then be overwhelmed with reports and you'll no doubt complain about that too, but I suppose that can be solved by closing forum reports too? You do realise there's 300-500 players at peak time and about a handful of VOLUNTEER admins to deal with them, reports can take anywhere from 10-30 minutes each which can contribute to backlog and other admins may be dealing with sub-team duties between urgent reports. Plus as you well know there's going to be new staff and admins at the start of the new year which will probably ease some of the workload. I'm sorry if this doesn't meet your premium service expectations but you really need to think before you post stuff.

No no no just no

Edited by Moonsong

This doesn't really solve anything. Infact, it only generates more issues. I appreciate you opening discourse as such, but I feel like this ain't it. I speak for myself — my activity over December dropped because I'm spending more time with my family and friends. It's that time of the year.

• Björk locked this topic