Suggestion to address /createdrink abuse within bars and clubs.

Briutas

22 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Wait what? Why is this a thing? Why would they rename moonshine into Champaign? 

The /createdrink script is used purely to rename items for immersion purposes, but it doesn't show the BASE alcohol item used. Someone walks in and wants a Budweiser, a bartender can use /createdrink and rename a BEER to BUDWEISER.

For example:

1) A bartender can currently take a BEER item (costs $60 from the liquor store) and use the /createdrink script and rename it to "Margarita". A Margarita should be using Tequila as its base, which in-game costs $120 or more (I believe). The customer OOC'ly will never know it was a beer to start, since the item name just reads as "Margarita".

Why? Pure OOC money hungry. Its cheaper for the business owner or the bartender to use a cheaper item and pass it off as a more expensive item. There's no way for the patron/customer to verify the item was made with the right alcohol base, as the script doesn't show that. It makes more money for the bartender and the business owner doesn't have to buy the more expensive (albeit, correct) alcohol base items.

Edited by The OG Juicebox
  • Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Wait what? Why is this a thing? Why would they rename moonshine into Champaign? 

It's cheaper and probably because they are low on stock. With the actual system there is no way to find out this stuff in real time, unless there is an admin checking. Do admins check create drink logs? I don't think so because they have other problems to take care of and this is just a minor problem. 

I would suggest that the script should specify the main source of the alcohol when creating a drink between brackets. Example: Martini (Gin)x1. Creating an alcohol test item would be too much in my opnion. Just keep the system simple.

2 minutes ago, roymar said:

I would suggest that the script should specify the main source of the alcohol when creating a drink between brackets. Example: Martini (Gin)x1.

I think this is the solution right here. Just put the base item used in the item name and then let people sort it out themselves. This can then be reported under Powergaming, I'm pretty sure.

1 minute ago, The OG Juicebox said:

I'm fairly certain you could take a $3 water bottle from the vending machine and use /createdrink to turn it into any drink you want (Margarita, Corona, etc.) It's purely script abuse and its people who are doing nothing but hoarding script cash.

No. /createdrink allows you to create drinks only with alcoholic beverages (beer excluded probably because they wanted to keep the game lore friendly). If you try to create a drink with water the command just doesn't work.

1 minute ago, roymar said:

No. /createdrink allows you to create drinks only with alcoholic beverages (beer excluded probably because they wanted to keep the game lore friendly). If you try to create a drink with water the command just doesn't work.

Gotcha. I wasn't entirely sure, but still. I think you got the solution already. Just put the base alcohol name in the item name in brackets and then people can report for powergaming if it's not used correctly and let's admins check more easily as well.

7 minutes ago, roymar said:

If you try to create a drink with water the command just doesn't work.

Damn, there goes my idea for RPing the second coming of Christ.

+1 to the suggestion. There's a lot of fun RP in liquor distribution and it's basically being snubbed out so people can earn a few extra bucks.

9 minutes ago, Ellix said:

I think it's definitely OOC rulebreaking and powergaming. If you order champaign and are given a glass of moonshine, you're going to know without needing some drink tester lol

I mean... If you ordered wine but they offer you vodka, would you be able to taste the difference by yourself without a tester?

Edited by roymar
2 minutes ago, roymar said:

I mean... If you ordered wine but they offer you vodka, would you be able to taste the difference by yourself without a tester?

Yes? All alcohol doesn't taste the same. If I order a mixed drink and it's made with vodka, I can tell, and don't like it. I prefer rum or tequila for those. I don't see how anyone who drinks even slightly regularly wouldn't notice their drink being made with the wrong liquor, let alone something like beer or moonshine.

8 hours ago, The OG Juicebox said:

Gotcha. I wasn't entirely sure, but still. I think you got the solution already. Just put the base alcohol name in the item name in brackets and then people can report for powergaming if it's not used correctly and let's admins check more easily as well.

Not bad idea I suppose. As long as that allows alcohol manufacturing companies to still make their own brands and not get called out for it being 'named' moonshine at the end of the drink name. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic