Expand platinum donators' ability to exterior furnish

knppel

Short description: Allow platinum donators to use their features at properties they're in character permitted to operate/furnish

Detailed description: Besides other package parts, one of the main motivations for me to get the platinum pack was the ability to add tiny details that massively enhance the experience of players visiting venues my character operates.

However, this feature is sadly disabled unless my character owns a property.

Needless to point out, aquisition is not the only way to interact with businesses (my character for instance is a halfway capable manager type and flexible in job picks), and the server regulations include a lot incentives to not simply mindlessly buy properties.

While all these make sense as far as I can tell, on the other hand stands the obvious downside: I'm not able to use the donator features in my business manager roleplay, while they could so amazingly enhance the scenery with a few tiny details put up infront of business venues my character operates.

Last but not least as this will be anargument brought up:

I believe allowing platinum donators to use this feature enhanced (moderation can still tell people to hold off if they overdo it or apply it wrongly, that's not touched by more options for players) would not decrease platinum donations, but rather increase them- right now one of the most amazing features in the package is bolted behind in character ownership of a property, which is nothing but limiting.

I want to be able to put up neon lights on the club my char manages.

Commands to add: none

Items to add: none

How would your suggestion improve the server? Platinum donators who actively work with businesses in character could apply their donator feature to enhance public venues for anybody.

Additional information:

• Upvote 2

Full support,

I would also go as far to suggest to add "Enable Exterior Construction" of some sort from the i menu similarly to the interior one, so you could give somebody /givepropkey but they'll only be able to use exterior object if the owner allows them to, in case there's people abusing its feature.

It was a thing back in the day but people abused it that's why it got removed. As long as I remember.

People used to get hired that had platinum, build get money for it and do it over and over again in various businesses. The server lost massive amounts of donations that's why it got removed, at least that's what my point of view was why the whole thing got "ruined" because people abused it HARD.

Edited by Symka
  • 3 months later...

Bumping this.

I have a business that constantly getting situation happening from car thief, robbery, to shootout and everyone told me to get CCTV for the place but unfortunately I have other priorities in life rather than spending a huge amount of money (for me) to get platinum donator. Though I have a bunch of friends that has asked me in the past if they could put out exterior objects for me so that I could roleplay having the CCTV, sadly after restart the exterior objects does not respawn so there's no way for me to get CCTV even though I have roleplayed having them in the past by asking an IC security company, did all the roleplay and all that. Players kept telling me to put out CCTV but I can't, my 20+ employees asked, LSPD and LSSD even asked.

I just think if we could allow platinum donators to put out exterior furniture for businesses, even only 3 or 5 slots, it's more than enough to be a huge help towards the business owner who can't spend irl money.

I am sorry but at this point the CCTV rule is pay-to-win since I don't have platinum and I can't slap exterior furniture even though I have literally more than 4 friends who has platinum donator for over 6 months+ and they're willing to help.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

How is this suggestion going to be different from the last time that this was possible?

From what I can tell, there's nothing in this suggestion that prevents a repeat of what @Symka describes below.

On 12/31/2020 at 9:53 AM, Symka said:

It was a thing back in the day but people abused it that's why it got removed. As long as I remember.

People used to get hired that had platinum, build get money for it and do it over and over again in various businesses. The server lost massive amounts of donations that's why it got removed, at least that's what my point of view was why the whole thing got "ruined" because people abused it HARD.

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

How is this suggestion going to be different from the last time that this was possible?

From what I can tell, there's nothing in this suggestion that prevents a repeat of what @Symka describes below.

I understand the concern and honestly the only thing that I could come up to prevent this somewhat is by limiting the amount of exterior furniture slots for these platinum donators if they're not the actual business owner, maybe limit the amount to 3 or 5 objects which that would be enough to provide the essentials objects like CCTV. Also maybe limiting the amount of properties that they could put exterior furnitures might be nice, for example you could only do exterior furniture for 3 business so you can't just run around LS getting paid for slapping a few furnitures.

The only reason I'm supporting this suggestion is so that I could have CCTV outside of my business, I have friends who asked me if they could help with CCTV since I can't afford platinum donator.

• effion locked this topic