Excessive Robberies in Blaine County

Ted

2 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Please remember that this thread is not meant to evaluate individual shootings and videos. That is what player reports are for. 

The purpose of the videos isn't to evaluate individual shootings and videos, nor is that what player reports are for. The "General Discussion" section is a public forum for all members of the community, where they can freely discuss topics at choice, confront collective problems and judgements thereof. The purpose of this discussion is to talk about the people driving up from the city to rob random people in Sandy Shores, and the problems that are accompanied with it. This is a conversation that now has 23 pages, and traveled many avenues and ideas which were completed and left open. The past couple of pages people have been stuck on the same thing hanging in circular reasoning and repeating conversations, this leaves the thread with open-ended ideas that don’t become actions because the conversation on the idea never reached completion. At some point you have to leave the dead-end subject and advance the conversation, I'm simply trying to instigate this in an effort to move it forward. The videos serve a point to offer participants a visualization of what people have been talking about when they say "protect yourself". The most returning point people come with is "why don't you protect yourself against robberies", but people don't know what it looks like. With these videos, people now have a visual idea what is being said. The fact that it adds entertainment is a bonus, to label that as something we can't talk about is a detriment to the conversation. It's shutting down an avenue that has been left open throughout the thread since it's inception, and denied people from exploring that idea. If threads are not allowed to follow a "conversation flow" which is inherently human, then threads should be locked/concluded by administrators sooner. This philosophy just tells people that you can post in a thread once, but never leave the plane. This is counterintuitive to facilitating effective and productive group conversations.

• 1 month later...

Let's hit this with a bump. There's a big problem here and it's still persistent. Not too happy seeing gooned up gangbangers driving four seater sedans coming out to rob fishermen. It's unrealistic as shit and pathetic that these morons are still doing it.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Dom. said:

Let's hit this with a bump. There's a big problem here and it's still persistent. Not too happy seeing gooned up gangbangers driving four seater sedans coming out to rob fishermen. It's unrealistic as shit and pathetic that these morons are still doing it.

Did you report them?

36 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Did you report them?

Yeah, actually. Buddy of mine is putting in one of those private RP quality reports. But regardless, the fact that it still happens so often makes me worry about how many braindead people are actually playing on the server. Real problem. Not everyone has the time or the will to live in the reports section like some of the people on this server.

Edited by Dom.
10 hours ago, Dom. said:

Yeah, actually. Buddy of mine is putting in one of those private RP quality reports. But regardless, the fact that it still happens so often makes me worry about how many braindead people are actually playing on the server. Real problem. Not everyone has the time or the will to live in the reports section like some of the people on this server.

I don't even think it's a problem with the players anymore, more the support team and what applications they're accepting. I truly don't understand how these people get on the server in the first place, they seem to lack the brainpower to even complete the application when you end up with the misfortune of bumping into them IG. How are they getting in? Friends completing their application? Support team letting them in out of pity on their 10th failure? I don't understand it.

11 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Did you report them?

This problem has been plaguing the community for years - if reports were going to help, they already would have.

Not to say we shouldn't report bad robberies, but it's fairly obvious at this stage that further action is required.

My proposal for fixing the problem was already been forwarded for implementation in March. The sooner we get this in, the sooner we'll start to see positive changes.

15 minutes ago, LICE said:

I don't even think it's a problem with the players anymore, more the support team and what applications they're accepting. I truly don't understand how these people get on the server in the first place, they seem to lack the brainpower to even complete the application when you end up with the misfortune of bumping into them IG. How are they getting in? Friends completing their application? Support team letting them in out of pity on their 10th failure? I don't understand it.

Because the application process is a bad joke. Anyone can write a believable story, but as we've seen, that doesn't mean they'll follow through and actually play one. We won't even talk about the people who make it in the server without knowing basic English. or think IC stands for International Criminal.

Edited by Smilesville
45 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

This problem has been plaguing the community for years - if reports were going to help, they already would have.

Except we barely get reports of this nature. They can help, if people actually take the effort to report. I'm not saying it is the only solution, but it can't be skipped.

5 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Except we barely get reports of this nature. They can help, if people actually take the effort to report. I'm not saying it is the only solution, but it can't be skipped.

Now, I know alot of situations come down to the specifics, but I was legitimately curious on who we ought to be reporting these situations to?

Completely hypothetically: let's say a county-based character is robbed at gunpoint while hiking through the Chiliad-State Wilderness by a squad of four Eastern European character in a luxary sedan. No specific rules are broken by the robbers, but it's clear that the overarching portrayal is not up to snuff.

Is that a RPQM issue? Should we report it on the forums/in-game when it happens? What are the proper channels to take that greivence to?

As someone who has reported Blaine-County robbers in the past (chain-robbing) I'd like to say that despite reporting in-game I was told by admins to speak to the different parties that were suspected of having been robbed by the same people. It took hours to contact the other supposed victims, compile the avilible evidence and finally construct the report. Then it took several weeks for the report to be concluded, by which time I couldn't be asked to care.

In all honesty, as much as I believe that reporting players is the right thing to do in 99% of cases, the administration should still understand the frustration the community feels when told to "just report". It's a very reactive way of dealing with a problem that could be delt with proactively. 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic