Excessive Robberies in Blaine County

Ted

Onto topic nobody should be going from davis to Blaine county for the oure reason to rob people that's really unrealistic. 

As for people who argue about the quality of the roleplay I try and see both POV's. You need to remember that running somebodies pockets usually is very fast and well it isnt that fast on here because its fully text based. They are trying to get outta there as soon as possible because what could of been more than enough time for somebody to run somebodies pockets leads to an entire 5+ minute situation sometimes which does lead to police seeing a gun and then that's it. I think changing it even more will just lean further towards the legal side of things when I've noticed in the city patrol cars pass by pretty often so 5+ minutes just is too long.

As for the county though, I think unless your character lives out there or went there for actual roleplay outside of robbing people, it should be prohibited to head out there and rob people.

I'm sorry if this is at all hard to read btw I'm at work and it's been a day to say the least, I can edit and rephrase anything that needs it later tonight 😁

Edited by Juicebox.
24 minutes ago, Juicebox. said:

You need to remember that running somebodies pockets usually is very fast

If the muggers willingly kept it limited to just patting/running the pockets, for sure.

...except it is almost regularly not just checking the pockets. Consistently now, muggers seem to be doing strip searches while insisting that it must still be fast. Nothing says they need to strip search their victims, but that is very much the norm they are choosing now.

Edited by DasFroggy
1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

If the muggers willingly kept it limited to just patting/running the pockets, for sure.

...except it is almost regularly not just checking the pockets. Consistently now, muggers seem to be doing strip searches while insisting that it must still be fast. Nothing says they need to strip search their victims, but that is very much the norm they are choosing now.

Not like I defend '' /me pats down Victim. '' but they are also kinda forced to almost ''strip search'' their victims  while they try to be quick in their robbery If they actually want to find something as there are enough people who will pretend that they haven't found anything or probably let the robbers find like 500 bucks even though they are carrying +5000 $, a gun and what so ever.. 
With this current system, it will stay like it is now.

Edited by Corazon
14 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Not like I defend '' /me pats down Victim. '' but they are also kinda forced to almost ''strip search'' their victims If they actually want to find something as there are enough people who will pretend that they haven't found anything or probably let the robbers find like 500 bucks even though they are carrying +5000 $, a gun and what so ever.. 
With this current system, it will stay like it is now.

Which invalidates the whole "hurry up" matter. If Muggers don't want it to take so long, they're free to make it fast with a quick search, or willingly accept the time-consuming consequences of a strip-search.

Either way, it is still purely a problem created entirely by the Muggers.

Not only by the muggers.
With a fast and quick search you are still able to find the valuable stuff, a person carrys around here but there's also the other partie who sometimes doesn't play by the rules, too and pretends to not have that stuff  with them wich sometimes isn't true. It's wrong to just blame the ''Muggers''.
The fault is from both sides.

I would even go so far and say that the problem was created entirely by the Victims in first place.
Or do we agree that both sides are failing sometimes?

Edited by Corazon
55 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Or do we agree that both sides are failing sometimes?

In an interaction that is literally entirely set in motion by one side, no, both sides are not failing sometimes, and the act of a full blown strip search in the middle of a city street is not something suggested by the victim.

...and to dispell the rumor that victims do not want to pay, I am personally willing to pay one hundred thousand dollars to the first mugger that makes the scene an actual, genuine interaction instead of an OOC fueled scramble for script profits. You can take up this offer, or we can drop this myth that criminals keep conjuring.

The problem is not what is being lost by the victim if they cooperate. The problem is that there is a group of criminals poisoning the well for everyone by engaging in strictly barebones minimal roleplay specifically with no other goal than profit, putting individual personal script gain over the health of the roleplay community. Nobody wants to lose to these people, because every loss is just more proof and validation of the idea that minimizing roleplay is the way to go. You will never have the cooperation of people if you are unwilling to let them roleplay, communicate, and have fun.

The best way, a way that it can be fixed, is to have it addressed IC from both sides. You want people to have more to surrender during a mugging? Cull anyone that refuses to play by the rules of your territory, and keep muggings professional. If you are unable or unwilling to cull the low-quality metagamers that are ruining it for you, then it is purely a problem that you are willingly allowing to persist.

If it persists, eventually OOC measures will be implemented to solve the problem for you. That is speaking from fifteen years experience.

Roleplay is meant to be engaging and fun for everyone involved. Losing can be as fun as winning if people are willing to listen to each other. I am willing to part with so very much and to take the loss in stride for your own gain, if you are willing to hear me out.

Edited by DasFroggy

An intelligent robber would simply ask for three items: 

1. Your wallet
2. Your phone
3. Any VISIBLE jewelry

They'd quickly pat your waist to detect any firearms. If there's a firearm? Snatch it and leave. If not? Then leave. The reason for snatching the firearm isn't primarily for earning a firearm. It's to prevent the victim from shooting them when they leave.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, DLimit said:

An intelligent robber would simply ask for two items: 

1. Your wallet
2. Your phone

They'd quickly pat your waist to detect any firearms. If there's a firearm? Snatch it and leave. If not? Then leave. 

This is what I've been saying. These quick muggings would be quick and dirty. Give me your wallet, your phone and any visible valuables. Sometimes they don't even get close enough to do a pat down. It's supposed to be seconds not minutes. I'll stretch realism a bit because we're on a RP server and go as far as to say a QUICK pat down, but nothing in-depth. A lot of these robberies are going into a full on strip search in the middle of the city and that's just plain STUPID. So what if you don't get everything they are carrying? You got something you didn't have before.

Edited by The OG Juicebox
1 minute ago, The OG Juicebox said:

This is what I've been saying. These quick muggings would be quick and dirty. Give me your wallet, your phone and any visible valuables. Sometimes they don't even get close enough to do a pat down. It's supposed to be seconds not minutes. I'll stretch realism a bit because we're on a RP server and go as far as to say a QUICK pat down, but nothing in-depth. A lot of these robberies are going into a full on strip search in the middle of the city and that's just plain STUPID. So what if you don't get everything they are carrying? You got something you didn't have before.

The only reason as to why a pat-down may happen is to disarm an armed victim that might shoot back once the robber turns their backs away from them. It's more for their safety than for gain.

Edited by DLimit
3 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

...and to dispell the rumor that victims do not want to pay, I am personally willing to pay one hundred thousand dollars to the first mugger that makes the scene an actual, genuine interaction instead of an OOC fueled scramble for script profits. You can take up this offer, or we can drop this myth that criminals keep conjuring.

ight tell me where ur at in dm's, im coming for my 100k.

• Wuhtah locked this topic