Excessive Robberies in Blaine County

Ted

Can we get the discussion back on topic please? This thread is about robberies in the county, not an open invitation to bash legal factions and complain about non-existent jurisdictions. If anyone has issues regarding SD they'd like to discuss, bring it up IC with SD as it's an IC issue.

20 minutes ago, lambchops said:

I was there when the faction was created and we handled juridistiction matters with the LSPD. Choose who to believe ;^)

Either way, I'd appreciate if SD would have a unit patrolling county as well a dedicated one at least.

Because as things stand now, it's chain robberies galore in county mainly due to lack of response of SD in the area forcing residents to become a militaristic.

Edited by Vash Baldeus

You're all missing the point if you think a law enforcement faction owes you to stop illegal role-play from happening. It doesn't. And no matter how present they are geographically will change that simply because the logic behind police presence is people will go where they're told there's barely police.

The problem lies within illegal role-players who go all the way from South Central to Blaine to hit a lick. And now pair that up with the fact that 99.99 percent of robberies aren't done for role-play and/or char development, they're done for loot. A faction like the Sheriff's Dept. will not be able to stop you from getting robbed in Sandy Shores because some friend group saw on a faction thread multiple strawmen do their thing around Sandy and then want to loot the potential guns stashed there - this was actually a major problem with a faction member whose supplier alt character kept getting their house targeted 2-3 times a day.

Everything else does indeed stay IC. The city council itself has pushed for IC resolution to pass an open carry motion for the county et al. The fact that there's a string of robberies going on and local law enforcement doesn't seem to care is, again, IC, although I doubt you were ever denied role-play by a police role-player if you ever used 911 or other methods to report a crime. (And to piggy back off of this, thanks to vrb's Joseph Hoffman character the LSSD put together a whole segment that strictly focuses on the county, from your Vinewood fruitstands to Paleto Bay.)

Otherwise no sane faction leader(s) will expect that their members genuinely sit in a 3D desert with no one in sight to "stop robberies." when more often than not county role-play is sporadic and there's no one to trade a /me with for miles. 

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
1 minute ago, liq said:

You're all missing the point if you think a law enforcement faction owes you to stop illegal role-play from happening. It doesn't. And no matter how present they are geographically will change that simply because the logic behind police presence is peoppe will go where they're told there's barely police.

The problem lies within illegal role-players who go all the way from South Central to Blaine to hit a lick. And now pair that up with the fact that 99.99 percent of robberies aren't done for role-play and/or char development, they're done for loot. A faction lile the Sheriff's Dept. will not be able to stop you from getting robbed in Sandy Shores because some friend group saw on a favtion thread multiple strawmen do their thing around Sandy and then want to loot the potential guns stashed there - this was actually a major problem with a faction member whose supplier alt character kept getting their house targeted 2-3 times a day.

Everything else does indeed stay IC. The city council itself has pushed for IC resolution to pass an open carry motion for the county et al. The fact that there's a string of robberies going o  and local law enforcement doesn't seem to care is, again, IC, although I doubt you were ever denied role-play by a police role-player if you ever used 911 or other methods to report a crime. 

Otherwise no sane faction leader(s) will expect that their members genuinely sit in a 3D desert with no one in sight to "stop robberies." when more often than not county role-play is sporadic and there's no one to trade a /me with for miles. 

That's is why I hate Faction Screenshot Threads, they are OPEN to major Metagaming issues just as you described. In the past on another community I know for fact that LSPD even used these as "evidence".

A lot of the issues aren't even because of a lack of police presence 24/7. Multiple groups have been banned for constantly coming to the county and committing these crimes over and over. It's an OOC issue as much as it is an IC one.

57 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Either way, I'd appreciate if SD would have a unit patrolling county as well a dedicated one at least.

Because as things stand now, it's chain robberies galore in county mainly due to lack of response of SD in the area forcing residents to become a militaristic.

We have one called CPU which like every unit you have to apply and opt into. I'm a zone leader there for Sandy Shores but there's only so much I can do while waiting for people to actively want to join the unit. 

Edited by Akiba

To the people who say "arm yourselves", that just makes people a more appealing target for robbers, instead of making robbers fear for their lives, as would be realistic. Robbers are very familiar with the meta, that a quickly copy-pasted "/me points a gun at their head" is practically an auto-win button. So, if someone actually draws and shoots them, they complain about non-fear RP. If someone draws first, they complain about poor portrayal and PF warriors. As if trying to rob someone you believe is carrying a gun, for example, by straight up walking up to them and drawing, wasn't non-fear RP in and of itself.

As usual, this doesn't apply to all robbers, I've had robber RP that was enjoyable (even if Rancho bangers cruising to the county to rob people is questionable portrayal, the RP itself was fine and made sense), but a lot of it is simply a quick grab for scripted resources.

Edited by hillievonb
1 hour ago, Vash Baldeus said:

The county is massive. We normally do have 1-2 units in the county but from Sandy to Paleto is a hike. Covering the mountains etc. We patrol LS and Blaine county, we are not restricted. Incase you were wondering the city is in LS county so we have jury over it, and if you know how an American Sheriff’s Department works they usually have more juri and power across, and they’re much higher paid than a city cop. LASD has MULTIPLE patrol stations inside the city of LA, as do SDs across the country. Please do your research.

Also, if you’re going to roleplay a realistic, rural citizen, in AMERICA, you would have a gun and have the mentality TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT. Country boys are a different breed. Get a gun, that solves robberies. Country people defend themselves and the cops come up later to clean up. I have like a 20 minute - 40 minute response time where I’m from in the county irl, and my states small. And guess what we can’t make a forum post OOC IRL and complain about it. That doesn’t exist irl! We go get security cameras and a gun, as an American should.

Imagine LA. I role played  in the county/sandy for three years and ran the first county faction. I was never robbed once, and I was never caught lacking. If you are caught lacking you deserved it.

Edited by AceS|
17 minutes ago, hillievonb said:

To the people who say "arm yourselves", that just makes people a more appealing target for robbers, instead of making robbers fear for their lives, as would be realistic. Robbers are very familiar with the meta, that a quickly copy-pasted "/me points a gun at their head" is practically an auto-win button. So, if someone actually draws and shoots them, they complain about non-fear RP. If someone draws first, they complain about poor portrayal and PF warriors. As if trying to rob someone you believe is carrying a gun, for example, by straight up walking up to them and drawing, wasn't non-fear RP in and of itself.

This is an incredibly good point. Frankly everyone here arguing for militancy and arming further have these robbers watering at the mouth. Much of what people seem to advocate for is making Sandy Shores into a some sort of Sundown County, or just generally more militant. This just isn't realistic to the area. People have literally suggested sitting out on their porch with a shotgun. People seem to think that Sandy Shores is some bumfuck hillbilly town. I live in a bumfuck rural town with four-thousand people in it. Nobody is sitting on their porch with a shotgun. People seem to be advocating for dming these robbers, which isn't the solution, and frankly, will only make the admin's jobs more difficult. Militant-esc RP in Sandy Shores is not realistic, not is it good roleplay, nor will it fix the situation. It's an excuse for people in Sandy to DM. I understand "people are reacting IC!" and that is the issue. Bad RP begets more Bad RP, that doesn't make bad RP okay. If people in Sandy Shores want to fix the issues, rather than dedicating the amount of energy y'all currently are to being an unrealistic redneck militia, Utilize the structure that is in place, and file reports on the unrealistic robbers in Blaine County. 

I've also seen people repeatedly use the word "Entitled" when people talk about some of the failures of administration. I've donated money to this server. I've great respect for admins who do answer reports. That doesn't change the reality that the report section is currently neglected, and that neglect, only makes issues worse. Everyone dedicates their time to this server, and it's ridiculous that someone could be kept waiting for a month in the worst cases to get a ruling. The server cannot, and won't, improve unless people complain about and bring up issues. Considering the hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars GTAW rakes in on a monthly basis? I think we are entitled to a functioning server, and those who fight against "entitlement" are helping nobody.

• Wuhtah locked this topic