Revamp the Clothing Store System

ThatDutchPerson

Short description: Revamp / overhaul the clothing store system

Detailed description: Since a few months, privately owned clothes stores have popped up (Wup-et-Dux and Hawaiian Snow for starters, and Prestige has a clothing line aswell), which at the moment basicly sell you mods to use for ingame currency. However, with the update to 1.1 nearing, we finally can add that modded clothing ingame too! There is just one slight problem; all clothing will be available in all clothing stores. This will most likely result in people buying stuff that, ICly, would only be available in certain stores in other stores. Not only does it diminish roleplay, it actually will cost profit of the actual brands mentioned above (who put in hard work modding these items). And probably not a little.

My suggestion is to revamp the clothing system a la 2021. Change the clothing store system so that either;

A.) All stores sell different clothing items (instead of all selling the same), OR;

B.) Allow Wup-et-Dux, Prestige and Hawaiian Snow to sell their brand strictly and only in their stores (seems quite logical)

Commands to add: None

Items to add: The modded clothing in 1.1 I guess?

How would your suggestion improve the server? This kind of explains itself in the suggestion.

Additional information: Happy Holidays!

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
  • Upvote 4
Just now, mj2002 said:

This is a great idea, although suggested before. Something that needs to happen in order for this to become a reality, is cataloging every single clothing item available (in 1.1). Maybe you can get started with this @ThatDutchPerson ? I'm sure there's people willing to help out.

Certainly willing to help out. The... current worldwide circumstances got me benched at home so just tell me where to start and what to exactly do here.

12 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Certainly willing to help out. The... current worldwide circumstances got me benched at home so just tell me where to start and what to exactly do here.

I'd suggest getting a few people together who are interested and/or participate in clothing store roleplaying and start setting up a standard on how to catalog different items. Not just the obvious, like shirt/hat/pants, but more in depth. Setting these standards is important for it to succeed. Then, you can catalog each item according to these standards. If you want to go the extra mile, screenshot everything as well so that you have an extra resource for the community to use. Then you can start ordering them by 'collection' so your concept can take shape.

We brought this idea forward a while back when we handed our clothes to the modders for the server. We had a member of the development team who was happy to do the work but Nervous denied it (I can't remember the reason), so maybe this can be re-looked at one day.

I'd love to be able to sell our clothes in our own menu It's make our store unique if there was just Hawaiian Snow stuff at Hawaiian Snow. By splitting up the clothing into categories (Formal, Street wear, gym wear, bikinis/swimwear, lingerie, for some ideas) or allowing people to select which clothes they'd like to sell per clothing item.

Our store is a street wear focus, we wouldn't sell suits.. nothing worse than when a customer walks out of our store in a full on suit haha. 

It's going to really hurt our business financially when 1.1 drops as all of our items can be purchased for 100 bucks at any store - but our goal has always been to get good quality mods into people's hands without "knowing someone" or paying real life money for it, so we were happy to give them over to the server. I just hope it doesn't cripple us to the point of ruin.. so full support from me!

• Applaud 1

If you ask me, clothing should be inventory items that don't affect weight. The whole scroll left to right 200 times to find the shirt I want is archaic. Let's say you find a shirt you like at the store, you buy that shirt, not a whole outfit. Now you have Shirt (1) in your inventory. You rename the shirt to something suitable, say, "Pink Hawaiian shirt". Now you /useitem that shirt and you're not longer shirtless (or the shirt you had equipped goes back to inventory). How does this fix anything? Well, for starters, you can actually store clothes in your car and change clothes appropriately. Rather than having 20 changes of clothes in your trunk, make people store what they intend to change into.

In short: Make any and all clothing ITEMS, not preset outfits. Some of you may dislike this idea as it adds a layer of complication to your changing clothes routine, but this is much more realistic and will add benefits to the server, such as literally stealing someone's shoes in a robbery.

You'd just need a command to de-equip the clothing you're wearing in the case of a robbery to give it over to someone. This could work with the already existing /shirt off, /pants off, /accessories off, /shoes off, etc.

This would also allow for third party sales of retail clothing: Say you buy a shirt from Prestige for ~800. You sell it to someone else for ~1200. Profit.

Please implement this suggestion alongside the suggestion of OP.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Sebz said:

If you ask me, clothing should be inventory items that don't affect weight. The whole scroll left to right 200 times to find the shirt I want is archaic. Let's say you find a shirt you like at the store, you buy that shirt, not a whole outfit. Now you have Shirt (1) in your inventory. You rename the shirt to something suitable, say, "Pink Hawaiian shirt". Now you /useitem that shirt and you're not longer shirtless (or the shirt you had equipped goes back to inventory). How does this fix anything? Well, for starters, you can actually store clothes in your car and change clothes appropriately. Rather than having 20 changes of clothes in your trunk, make people store what they intend to change into.

In short: Make any and all clothing ITEMS, not preset outfits. Some of you may dislike this idea as it adds a layer of complication to your changing clothes routine, but this is much more realistic and will add benefits to the server, such as literally stealing someone's shoes in a robbery.

You'd just need a command to de-equip the clothing you're wearing in the case of a robbery to give it over to someone. This could work with the already existing /shirt off, /pants off, /accessories off, /shoes off, etc.

This would also allow for third party sales of retail clothing: Say you buy a shirt from Prestige for ~800. You sell it to someone else for ~1200. Profit.

Please implement this suggestion alongside the suggestion of OP.

Both things can coexist, we can continue using the traditional system but when saving the outfit the server gives you an object that you can have in your inventory, in your car or in your closet, and be able to use it whenever you want whenever you have it with you.

What would really be sensible (if possible, regardless of in the current system or an overdone 1.1 version) is a combined approach that allows to  create an item at the same place a player changes their ic appearance.

I am personally set up as well as goes in the current script: In Portola Drive we have both a clothing store and a jewelry, and the boutique in the middle to supply them with items if needed. It's close enough to move on foot mostly.

But it's totally ridiculous I have to walk across the street to Ponsonbys with a customer after they ordered their new suit, and I made them items and roleplayed taking measures and bla bla at Wup prior.

Make a clothing store script and give it to the designer clothing stores. If you want to buy their modded clothes, you'll need an employee to be there and RP buying the outfit. The price is different. However if you want just buy the regular GTA Online clothes, any clothing store will do and you don't need to have an employee and of course the clothes only cost 100$.

So if you want to be stylish/unique you will go the extra mile to catch the store while it is open, pay for the amount (whatever it will be) and leave.

This creates demand for those who think their characters would care about designer clothing.

• Wuhtah locked this topic