Regarding traffic lights...

18Cowboys

I was just pulled over for blowing through a few reds on the way to my job IC, which caused me to make this post.

unknown.png

Throughout the time of me playing on this server, I have been told by multiple people that you don't have to stop at lights, yet, I have also been pulled over multiple times.

So, what's the rule with traffic lights? If I could get a word from PD, or an admin, would be greatly appreciated, although, all responses are welcome. Thanks!

Pretty easy. Read the penal codes.

1212.) If, upon approaching a junction containing traffic lights the traffic light displays a red light the driver must stop to other vehicles before continuing. If there are no other vehicles at the junction, the driver may proceed cautiously through the junction. If the traffic light displays a yellow light that is going to a green light, then it is to be treated as a green light. If the traffic light displays a green light, the driver is not required to stop, and may pass through the intersection without stopping. Shall be charged with the applicable Title IV charge. (EX: Reckless Driving, Negligent Operation of Vehicle, Vehicular Endangerment)

6 minutes ago, 18Cowboys said:

There were no cars coming in my last stop, yet running the lights was the reason for the stop. Obviously there's some misunderstanding here.

If you got fined, go and take it to traffic. You asked for the rules, I showed you them. It's ultimately up to the officers how they enforce these because these are IC laws.

As H04X has already quoted, the PC states

If there are no other vehicles at the junction, the driver may proceed cautiously through the junction. 

41 minutes ago, 18Cowboys said:

I was just pulled over for blowing through a few reds 

This is not proceeding cautiously.

To be honest, I don't know anyone who actually stops at traffic lights when on red, I thought  RPly you would, but as it is only a game, you just check the intersection is clear then proceed with your travels. I know 99% of PD/SD wouldn't even stop for red lights, I guess it depends on who is behind you and their mood at the time.

Also, if you were approaching an intersection and the traffic lights were green and you continued with your travels and didn't stop at-all, if there was a police officer nearby they'd still pull you for 'failure to abide a traffic control device'. Traffic lights shouldn't be a thing in my opinion, just stop at the intersection, check it is clear and carry on with your life.

Edited by JayB
1 minute ago, JayB said:

To be honest, I don't know anyone who actually stops at traffic lights when on red, I thought  RPly you would, but as it is only a game, you just check the intersection is clear then proceed with your travels. I know 99% of PD/SD wouldn't even stop for red lights, I guess it depends on who is behind you and their mood at the time.

Just like real life. If the cop is feeling moody, they'll take it out on you. This thread stems from an IC issue that the OP now knows. But yes, slow down, look around and if it's clear, proceed. If they still give you shit, just take it to court because the road isn't there to debate on. But from the picture you've posted, I assume Hannah Kai just let you off with a verbal warning. 

6 minutes ago, 18Cowboys said:

ive seen cops go through reds without stopping at all, guess rules dont apply to them lol

This is a toxic way of thinking. "Guess rules don't apply to them". I've heard it so many times. If they crash because of their own fault of whizzing through a red, it's their fault and they'll get a harsher punishment than what you'd get.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, H04X said:

This is a toxic way of thinking. "Guess rules don't apply to them". I've heard it so many times. If they crash because of their own fault of whizzing through a red, it's their fault and they'll get a harsher punishment than what you'd get.

The problem here is that, it's illegal for citizens, and they can get punished if a cop is watching them, but if a cop runs a red right in front of me, I can't do anything about it except call 911, which of course I wouldn't do.

2 minutes ago, 18Cowboys said:

ive seen cops go through reds without stopping at all, guess rules dont apply to them lol

Now you are just complaining about an IC problem OOC'ly. Just because some people don't stop for red lights doesn't mean you should do the same. Some people break server rules and get reported, you wanna learn from them too? How old are you? This is a roleplay server, there are consequences for your actions. Treat red lights as stop signs like how the penal code says as your character learned when he/she was taking the licensing test, not complain in the support section and being toxic about a group of people.

• Woona locked this topic