A Racing Script

KaythPlus

On 1/6/2021 at 12:31 AM, Syrike said:

This would make your racing easier yes, but on a roleplay server that is entirely a non issue. This is an RP server, not a racing server a script that essentially allows you to metagame the track rather than having your character learn about it properly is not needed. On top of that, whilst you've tried to argue your points adding something like this would encourage the people who do racing poorly (Theres a lot of them, always has been.) to expand their circuits into the city and more populated areas because all of a sudden their circuit is marked on the map.

This isn't NFS or Midnight club, no.

I think this suggestion has been shot down rather hastily.  The OP didn't suggest it'd be used for illegal street races (although ofc it could).  Everyone seems to have jumped to that conclusion?  What about legal races like at dirt tracks for offroaders etc?  I have been to a few of these events and it pretty much always turns into just a random mess of people going everywhere.  It's a good example of an RP activity that WOULD benefit from support of the script (and isn't that really what the script is for?)Scripting the track would help to hold an actual race, where people pass through checkpoints and there is ultimately a winner that can't be disputed by "I was first on my screen" etc. Basically the script brings some order to racing events rather than it being a big mess of opinion and desync.

On 1/5/2021 at 4:31 PM, Syrike said:

This would make your racing easier yes, but on a roleplay server that is entirely a non issue. This is an RP server, not a racing server a script that essentially allows you to metagame the track rather than having your character learn about it properly is not needed. On top of that, whilst you've tried to argue your points adding something like this would encourage the people who do racing poorly (Theres a lot of them, always has been.) to expand their circuits into the city and more populated areas because all of a sudden their circuit is marked on the map.

This isn't NFS or Midnight club, no.

Hands down the best one. also covers it for me.

As a dude that's been racing on this server for years, this is utterly useless and Anti-RP.

Your main argument I've seen for this is "modern gps" when in reality most cars you see racing down even have GPS so your argument falls apart there. Simply just learn routes through an IC manner and you'll be fine, just like how it is in real life. This isn't Fast and Furious 4 or NFS where they pre-load routes onto a GPS, there is no GPS that will layout a circuit type track out for you.

Simply put, it will make racing more of an arcadey experience and not a realistic one. GPS's aren't installed in a lot of cars that are out doing runs and a GPS wouldn't be able to calculate out a proper course like that.

This just ain't it bro.