RAGEMP automatically closing when trying to load in

Timzii

Hey,

I've recently switched from a Rockstar Launcher GTA 5 to Steam version and I've started encountering this issue. I've tried validating my files multiple times, re-installed RAGE three times as well and it still occures. When trying to load onto GTAW the games background just stays black and crashes after 5-10 seconds after launching up. This never happened to me before on the rockstar version before. I'm also using Visual V & reshade as my only visual mods, but those shouldn't be an issue. It sometimes manages to launch into the game after multiple computer restarts. Would be grateful for any tips how to fix this permanently if anyone else encountered this before.

On 12/28/2020 at 5:02 PM, Timzii said:

Hey,

I've recently switched from a Rockstar Launcher GTA 5 to Steam version and I've started encountering this issue. I've tried validating my files multiple times, re-installed RAGE three times as well and it still occures. When trying to load onto GTAW the games background just stays black and crashes after 5-10 seconds after launching up. This never happened to me before on the rockstar version before. I'm also using Visual V & reshade as my only visual mods, but those shouldn't be an issue. It sometimes manages to launch into the game after multiple computer restarts. Would be grateful for any tips how to fix this permanently if anyone else encountered this before.

As a troubleshooting method, try uninstalling VisualV & Reshade.

What seems to help me is closing steam and starting it as administrator. RAGEMP surpisingly launches normally afterwards, though there were a few times where the black screen happened but resolved it with starting RAGEMP as administrator as well. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Kaz locked this topic