Weird stutter in Rage servers

rezaka

38 minutes ago, Juicebox. said:

It could very well, it's definitely recommended to play on atleast 16 gb of ram. 

I hope it's not CPU but it's always worth checking your CPU usage while ingame as well? Either way I'd upgrade the ram and see what happens, if not I would recommend more CPU because you have very close to my original specs before I upgraded my PC and I had similar issues.

How could I see my CPU usage?

13 hours ago, Towbie said:

It's caused by weird behaviour coming from RageMP. It's not optimized to say the least and I've seen both memory spikes as well as CPU spikes coming from out of nowhere. 

I'd say an upgrade to both your CPU and RAM would do you good in this situation.

Could you suggest me a CPU upgrade?

9 minutes ago, rezaka said:

Could you suggest me a CPU upgrade?

I'm not too sure on the CPU, but when I had my old PC with 8 gigs of ram, I threw in another 4gb stick and it got rid of most of the Rage MP lag and crashes. If you have the budget, I'd go with 2x8 sticks of ram, though.

EDIT: Also checked your CPU out, and since it's a 10th gen I3, I believe it should have no issues running the game. I suggest you upgrade your RAM first, and then see if you actually /need/ the CPU upgrade.

Edited by Pogis
29 minutes ago, Pogis said:

I'm not too sure on the CPU, but when I had my old PC with 8 gigs of ram, I threw in another 4gb stick and it got rid of most of the Rage MP lag and crashes. If you have the budget, I'd go with 2x8 sticks of ram, though.

EDIT: Also checked your CPU out, and since it's a 10th gen I3, I believe it should have no issues running the game. I suggest you upgrade your RAM first, and then see if you actually /need/ the CPU upgrade.

Yeah I'm saving up for a 2x8 gb stick ram. I'll try to check my CPU usage whenever I play Rage again, but the i3 10th generation should perform well. I'll upgrade my RAM and see if that fixes it. Thank you both!

23 hours ago, Entity said:

I don't think you have to upgrade anything. I was having this issue up to the point where the game was literally unplayable. Before going out and spending real money, try this out - hopefully it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnKDPLjbg_I&feature=emb_title

Just did all of it, I'll try to see if it makes a difference in GTA! Thanks for referring me to the video.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if related or not but I started to get some stutter lately and it turned out the windows indexer used up all the memory for some reason, so I turned it off and voilaa, PC works like a charm, for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Woona locked this topic