Weird stutter in Rage servers

rezaka

Hey, so basically I have a question. Whenever I play GTA offline, I have little to zero stuttering. But when I play Rage, the game runs fine for about like ten minutes then begins to stutter like hell. Is there any solution for this? My specs are an I3 10100F, GTX 1660S, and 8 gbs of ram. I suspect the ram is causing the problem, but I'm not quite sure. Any ideas?

I had the same issue, I personally chalked it up to processing/RAM issues. You need to remember that the mods in the game heavily rely on extra processing power that you dont neccessarily need in the regular game. 

Does it happen whenever you move to new areas of the map? Does it eventually stop? If so, it's most likely processing issues.

I had an i3 as well and I bumped it up to an i5 and i doubled my RAM and now I don't have any stuttering issues.

26 minutes ago, Juicebox. said:

I had the same issue, I personally chalked it up to processing/RAM issues. You need to remember that the mods in the game heavily rely on extra processing power that you dont neccessarily need in the regular game. 

Does it happen whenever you move to new areas of the map? Does it eventually stop? If so, it's most likely processing issues.

I had an i3 as well and I bumped it up to an i5 and i doubled my RAM and now I don't have any stuttering issues.

Don't quite think it just stutters in new areas. I had a day that I played without any stuttering, the next I had heavy stutter. But it's mostly stutters every time I play in GTA world and it's really annoying. I assume it's the RAM because as you said there's mods in the game that don't exist in the singleplayer mode, and I assume that there's not enough space for them to all load in time and that causes stuttering? That's what I'm assuming at least. I will be upgrading my ram to 16 GB, I think that'll reduce it at least, do you?

I also stutter in Mafia Definitive Edition, the one that just came out. Other than the stuttering? The game runs butter smooth at everything maxed out. Whenever I play Mafia the ram is like 7.1/7.9 usage too. Do you think upgrading to 16 will likely fix the issue?

1 minute ago, rezaka said:

Don't quite think it just stutters in new areas. I had a day that I played without any stuttering, the next I had heavy stutter. But it's mostly stutters every time I play in GTA world and it's really annoying. I assume it's the RAM because as you said there's mods in the game that don't exist in the singleplayer mode, and I assume that there's not enough space for them to all load in time and that causes stuttering? That's what I'm assuming at least. I will be upgrading my ram to 16 GB, I think that'll reduce it at least, do you?

It could very well, it's definitely recommended to play on atleast 16 gb of ram. 

I hope it's not CPU but it's always worth checking your CPU usage while ingame as well? Either way I'd upgrade the ram and see what happens, if not I would recommend more CPU because you have very close to my original specs before I upgraded my PC and I had similar issues.

1 minute ago, rezaka said:

I also stutter in Mafia Definitive Edition, the one that just came out. Other than the stuttering? The game runs butter smooth at everything maxed out. Whenever I play Mafia the ram is like 7.1/7.9 usage too. Do you think upgrading to 16 will likely fix the issue?

It could help yeah, as you are essentially doubling the RAM speed as well, assuming you grab the right speed sticks of course.

• Woona locked this topic