Deaf player(s) and LEO Factions - The existing problem

Thekillergreece

3 minutes ago, Government Leaks said:

So, if shot's fired, but him not knowing there are shots ICly because he's deaf IRL get shot by the criminal be an IC issue? 

I feel like you just assume that if you are deaf you hear absolutely NOTHING, it's 2020 bro. We have developed technology so this man can hear to a certain extent. He can hear somewhat, just not perfectly enough for proper VOIP. I'm just trying to help you understand this because you are coming off quite close minded in your responses.

Just now, Pandamei said:

I feel like you just assume that if you are deaf you hear absolutely NOTHING, it's 2020 bro. We have developed technology so this man can hear to a certain extent. He can hear somewhat, just not perfectly enough for proper VOIP. I'm just trying to help you understand this because you are coming off quite close minded in your responses.

There's no solution to my disability besides hearing aid but they don't help much and give me headache trying to listen to sounds in-game than enjoy with them.

1 minute ago, Powley said:

you remember this is a game right? it doesn't matter if you win or lose, just that you're having fun?

This kind of argument would be valid for Non RP games. No one cares if you die stupidly in CSGO. But in roleplay, imagine seeing a cop walking directly into shots because the player can't hear OOCly. nonono

Just now, Government Leaks said:

This kind of argument would be valid for Non RP games. No one cares if you die stupidly in CSGO. But in roleplay, imagine seeing a cop walking directly into shots because the player can't hear OOCly. nonono

???

It's a game. People die. Take your head out the gutter and stop being so close-minded. 

1 minute ago, Government Leaks said:

Yeah they might end up having to rp not having heard it like everyone else

2 minutes ago, Government Leaks said:

Most of the time I play with my sound off or turned down for twitch/youtube/netflix on my second monitor and I just do fine.

They can work on a simple script for that. A /do could be the best option if there's any weapon fired in the area within the distance of script or something like that. You don't really have anything nice to say about this thread, your excuses and behavior towards the author of this thread is not so welcoming.

I know you're a troll account and all, but I've seen people with impeccable hearing struggling to identify where gunshots come from IRL. Shit happens, nothing's perfect in real life let alone in a videogame.

My guy, this is a game anyway. Who cares if they die or not, especially in a random PD-criminals shootout? They just respawn and continue to roleplay. If a guy wants to try out PD roleplay, he should be able to, simple as that. Maybe it'll be hard for him, but there's always roles in PD that don't need VOIP, like detectives for example. There's always a solution, but some people just don't want to search for one.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Westen said:

Most of the time I play with my sound off or turned down for twitch/youtube/netflix on my second monitor and I just do fine.

That's your choice and arguably a bad one, but who's to tell you how to play. I also like to listen to music when I patrol, but I turn up my game sounds so that I would be able to hear shots if they went off next to my character. That's integral for a proper IC reaction.