Deaf player(s) and LEO Factions - The existing problem

Thekillergreece

4 minutes ago, Government Leaks said:

If deaf people are allowed to roleplay normally like others in LEO, I doubt the roleplay quality of the entire faction. UNLESS there's something that help hearing ICly visually like a /do notification???? I don't think that would work but okay.

Can you stop bashing deaf people? I'm 100% sure that this guy will increase RP quality in LEO factions.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, yerro said:

And now imagine you're driving instead of your partner, and they have to give you chat commands on top of having to type /r. Believe it or not, we try to call shots fired out with chat rather than voice. There's generally an unspoken rule that in-game chat should be used as much as possible, and TS comes into play when you're completely overwhelmed and unable to type out the command since in-game input is required (i.e. pursuit).

Yeah, I do imagine it. I've been in situations like that in FD, since we didn't use VOIP there. You end up trying to juggle chat, a patient, and 2/3 radio channels a lot of the time. It happens, and you do it. I don't know, I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to partner up with the OP if given the chance, and the limitations would be a great asset in the long run, to have a different, more text-centric LEO experience.

2 minutes ago, yerro said:

No offense, but maybe that's your problem? You've got no idea what it's like to RP a LEO and what encounters, situations and challenges you face on a daily basis. Again, not trying to be rude, but don't you think you gotta educate yourself on the experiences before giving your verdict?

"You commented your opinion in a General Discussion section? Well your opinion is just invalid because you don't rp an LEO." C'mon bruh.

• Applaud 1
Just now, Alyssa McCarthy said:

The fact 2 of the most premier factions on a TEXT based RP server require and allow voice is shocking.

Ive no issue for OOC chat, but they should not be allowed IC voice comms, at all. 

Every other faction in the game obeys this rule, it’s long past time PD and SD were told to stop using IC voice and there channels deleted from TS.

If this isn’t a catalyst for that, I don’t know what is.

"bu-b-ub-ubut i must give directinos in a pursuit!11!!1!"

When I bringed the same topic that you brought up, I used the following example

Imagine, me, the boss of a criminal organization, have just been spotted in traffic by a PD, he knows all the crimes I've committed along the years since I'm on a wanted list and he's now onto me. Chasing me through the city. He's able to give his friends accurate directions over the voice channels, without interfering with his driving performance, meanwhile, I must call my boys IC, and type out where I am, plan a whole ambush over TEXT, plan their attack plan, etc, all over text. Rounding up to 2-3 minutes of text roleplay and slowing my vehicle down, while the PD has already given his directions and called 3 backup vehicles in 20 seconds.

If I had been able to use voice in that scenario, the whole conversation of me telling my members to "Go here, put your vehicles like this, grab these weapons, take these positions and wait for me" would've been just 20 seconds. Putting both me and the PD in an equal position in the chase.

But of course, I'm the bully for saying that the usage of voice over a heavy text based roleplay server is bad.

Feel free to quote me or some shit, I won't waste my time with responding to anyone. Let's stick to the original idea of the thread. 

1 minute ago, xSkaikru said:

You don't always have a partner IRL.

Then you should accept the same restrictions as anyone else riding solo.

this argument is fundamentally flawed because nothing stops anyone using a mobile phone for comms while solo, but there are server rules preventing players from using voice comms.

There is not a single reason why there should be one rule for a couple of factions and not for everyone else.

• Applaud 1

“This is a game” so try to have fun

”Realism” This is based in real life, so please adhere to real life rules for the enjoyment of everyone

”This is a heavily text-based server” we roleplay using text here

simple as that.

you all use these terminologies to deny this man his roleplay opportunities, smh.

I've warned a few people who are being deliberately provocative/ downright rude.

I've posted a couple of replies earlier on sharing my views and have committed to helping getting this resolved so that having a hearing impairment or being deaf isn't a barrier to being a LEO roleplayer and have directly communicated this to the OP of this post. That's where things stand currently. 

EDIT: In case this wasn't clear I'll be directly reaching out to the faction leaderships of these factions to get this resolved. I've locked this post as it just devolved into a bunch of trolls baiting people and I believe OP has got what they wanted in terms of being able to raise awareness and have action taken. 

I will post again on this thread when I have an update. 

• Upvote 5

I was actually one of the first approached by TKG on discord as they've had a concern on how LEO factions work on the community considering their disability and I said there is an app for no mic permission but upon checking I realized the said app is gone which I didn't know at the time. So what I did was to suggest contacting high command to figure it out and if that didn't work, LFM was the go-to. I know him from another community I used to play on and they did the same as everyone else minus the speaking part but that wasn't a problem at all. Their roleplay wasn't affected and in fact it was nice to see /r chatter. The disadvatange part is something they signed up for and they adapted with 10+, even became a detective for a while. Personally I value more roleplay quality over voice chat.