Deaf player(s) and LEO Factions - The existing problem

Thekillergreece

1 minute ago, Ms KarMagick 🖤 said:

I think both DEVS and PD/SD leadership should sit down with deaf players in a discord chat and discuss what could be done to accomodate deaf players, along with LFM. Surely it'd be easy to implement some sort of command that toggles chat notification when a shot is fired. Sure, it doesn't solve everything, but it's already a step towards accomodating players with hearing problems.

There was a system in PD but they removed it after 1 person I believe left them with a "bad taste in their mouth" so to say. They still have the system I'm unsure if they will re-implement it though.

Why are we even questioning what he would do in a shots fired situation even though he has had said the he's had YEARS of LEO experience from servers like LS:RP and RC:RP. Biggest meme about this is that LS:RP had even MORE shots fired cases than GTAW. So you think if he survived years of that Fallout wasteland he can't survive in GTAW? Please stop having a closeminded mindset please. 

The fact 2 of the most premier factions on a TEXT based RP server require and allow voice is shocking.

Ive no issue for OOC chat, but they should not be allowed IC voice comms, at all. 

Every other faction in the game obeys this rule, it’s long past time PD and SD were told to stop using IC voice and there channels deleted from TS.

If this isn’t a catalyst for that, I don’t know what is.

1 minute ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

The fact 2 of the most premier factions on a TEXT based RP server require and allow voice is shocking.

Ive no issue for OOC chat, but they should not be allowed IC voice comms, at all. 

Every other faction in the game obeys this rule, it’s long past time PD and SD were told to stop using IC voice and there channels deleted from TS.

I want to see how would you update in pursuits, patrolling solo. 

I think it's been alluded to quite a few times in this thread, but a lot of people are saying "so if you can't hear shots or call over teamspeak you just get killed"...so what? You lose. You take an L. It's roleplay, you can't and shouldn't win every single situation. If anything, it'd provide more interesting roleplay (to an extent, it was getting kinda boring when 3 cops died every hour in Jamestown a few months ago).

• Upvote 1
Just now, Koko said:

* Gunshots *

Your partner (who knows you are deaf IRL): "Shots!"

Then you follow your partner's lead. It's not really that dramatic.

And now imagine you're driving instead of your partner, and they have to give you chat commands on top of having to type /r. Believe it or not, we try to call shots fired out with chat rather than voice. There's generally an unspoken rule that in-game chat should be used as much as possible, and TS comes into play when you're completely overwhelmed and unable to type out the command since in-game input is required (i.e. pursuit).

2 minutes ago, B!shop said:

Personally, I'm not too knowledgeable about LEO RP as it isn't a field that I enjoy, hence the lack of experience. However, I don't support having players with certain limitations or treated differently due to their disabilities. Hopefully, a system is introduced for those with adaptations to pursue their entertainment from this game.

No offense, but maybe that's your problem? You've got no idea what it's like to RP a LEO and what encounters, situations and challenges you face on a daily basis. Again, not trying to be rude, but don't you think you gotta educate yourself on the experiences before giving your verdict?

Trust me, people in the LSPD/LSSD reading this aren't happy to see the guy struggling either. Nor are the LFM. No one is being an AH here telling the guy that he can't play.

There was a system in PD but they removed it after 1 person I believe left them with a "bad taste in their mouth" so to say. They still have the system I'm unsure if they will re-implement it though.

This is ridiculous. This is literally how half of the server operates, from cars to factions. If a certain individual fucks something up, it'll simply get removed because "it left a bad taste in PD's mouth." Because fuck everyone else that wouldn't make the mistake and is a proper roleplayer, right? Laughable.

1 minute ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

How you expect a pursuit to happen then? You don't understand the fact that IRL cops are always using radios to communicate in a pursuit, to talk to a helicopter pilot, to each other, etc. There's no other solutions but to use teamspeak at this point, simply because if you start communicating in /r text chat, you'll lose the suspect. Don't suggest nonsense, please.

1 minute ago, xSkaikru said:

I want to see how would you update in pursuits, patrolling solo. 

You should RP realism and have a partner?

Edit:How do gangs manage it? They are made to put two people in a car. 

we all know there are limits on a Text based game, but we should also be using the same rules

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy