Deaf player(s) and LEO Factions - The existing problem

Thekillergreece

2 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

Anyway, 

I tried to approach two Legal Faction Management members but they couldn't do much. I also contacted a Server Manager (who is head of LEGAL factions) but I was ignored.

So here I am! Asking the community what are their thoughts.

EDIT: Edited a wording

I tried to search through my forum PM's and I don't have any from you (could be wrong though), would love to have been able to sort this problem out for you. If you sent me a message and you're not a friend of mine on discord I wouldn't have recievied it, I limit my PM's to forums only so that I can reply to everyone. 

I've been reading through this thread and this is an issue that's actually close to me for personal/family reasons, do feel free to DM me and I'll see if I can help you directly, regardless I'll go to the faction leaders and see what can be changed. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Applaud 1

and for those saying it forces people to have to partner up - people were more than happy to partner up with me and I never had issues finding someone to take me along on patrol. You get more RP when you're not sitting on TS shooting the shit imo.

Big up @Westen who would actively go out of his way to ensure I had a partner when I was a P1 and knew nobody and he was a Sergeant who could have easily overlooked me. There's

people out there that do value having a partner to RP with.

On another note, people seem to be generalising PD RP as all pursuits and shootouts - theres more to LEO RP than shooting and driving fast and if the LSPD command want to demonstrate that the RP should always come first, it's time to sit down and accommodate those that arent lucky enough to be healthy. 

3 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

It matters because you are hiding behind the fake name, and no one can actually know who's posting.  

So what if everyone knows who I am? If I were in PD, would I be kicked? If I were in SD, should I be warned? No, I'm simply expressing my opinion. I'm not hiding my identity but as I said, I started discussing here on this account. 

3 minutes ago, Pandamei said:

The issue you are not understanding is that this is a ROLEPLAY server, what he is trying to convey is that ic'ly he wouldn't have these disabilities. Being deaf doesn't mean he is a paraplegic my guy, he can still play the game he just can't use VOIP properly. In essence he is the rawest form of a full text rp'er and you want to turn him away because he can't properly join a pursuit? Off the goop my man.

So, if shot's fired, but him not knowing there are shots ICly because he's deaf IRL get shot by the criminal be an IC issue? 

Literally, just accept that sometimes you can't get what you want. Not only for the OP. This applies to everyone.

6 minutes ago, lambchops said:

The issue that eventually got the individual posting this topic rejected was related to hearing. Even when you take away the whole TeamSpeak argument, a lot of in-game sounds are still to be taken IC and can be hints to rather critical role-play situations. Given the fact we expect those in the faction to be capable of reacting to such situations, it was quite frankly impossible to cater to their condition in a way that would be considered realistic on an in character basis. Would their character somehow be able to hear conversation-level talking while unable to hear blatant gunshots nearby?

I simply think that partnering this person 24/7 and having someone else react to shots for him is the easy solution to all of this. They might together not have the same lightning flash reflexes as other cops, but that's fine, one shouldn't be denied because of potentially being a fraction slower than a hearing person when it comes to game mechanics.

1 minute ago, lux said:

and for those saying it forces people to have to partner up - people were more than happy to partner up with me and I never had issues finding someone to take me along on patrol. You get more RP when you're not sitting on TS shooting the shit imo.

Adding on to what homie said here, the fact that people are complaining about partnering up because "people just want to ride solo" is just a half assed response to me. It is rare to see a solo patrol irl, ESPECIALLY in the LAPD which the LSPD is modeled after (please don't get into an argument about this, it's fact). Partnering up is a realistic chose for LEOs and should be encouraged more regardless of disability. But of course in this case, I don't see the issue with just getting this man a partner. Just take the homie PLEASE

11 minutes ago, Entity said:

No one said that, he was offered an alternative that he turned down. If you want a million dollars, you're offered half of that and you refuse, that's on you. No one's kicking you out. Especially not out of the server.

It was in reference to Government Leak’s comment of offering him ‘alternative servers’

4 minutes ago, Government Leaks said:

So what if everyone knows who I am? If I were in PD, would I be kicked? If I were in SD, should I be warned? No, I'm simply expressing my opinion. I'm not hiding my identity but as I said, I started discussing here on this account. 

So, if shot's fired, but him not knowing there are shots ICly because he's deaf IRL get shot by the criminal be an IC issue? 

Literally, just accept that sometimes you can't get what you want. Not only for the OP. This applies to everyone.

Literally, just accept that sometimes you have to take a loss  IF this would happen like that ffs.
It's taken WAY to serious. Like it's just about shooting and killing and DARE YOU ever get killed in a pursiut....

I'm lost of words

4 minutes ago, Government Leaks said:

you remember this is a game right? it doesn't matter if you win or lose, just that you're having fun?