Deaf player(s) and LEO Factions - The existing problem

Thekillergreece

As a person who has roleplayed a LEO for more years than I should've, I am comfortable saying that you don't need a microphone for day-to-day roleplay as a LEO.

It's a cultural issue; more specifically, it's so deeply engrained in police roleplayers that they think it's something they need and a god given right. These things worked on LSRP in SD, and there is no reason it shouldn't work here, outside of people in the faction leadership refusing to do it, and faction management not being interested in resolving the issue. 

can't blame the dude for posting it either if FM leadership / Server Management can't be bothered responding

3 minutes ago, Weeb said:

Bro this is a game.

I do believe in keeping it full text.

Can always update the PD radio system to have channels, similiar to the /r system.

Makes partnered patrol mandatory so the partner is the one updating.

This also eliminates the usual MG accusations PD gets of abusing TS when they get shot at whatever without doing /me indicating the use of radio.

Not all patrols are partnered in real life.

9 minutes ago, Koko said:

bro this is a game

10 minutes ago, Sevataris said:

bro this is a game

12 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

This is HEAVY TEXT BASED SERVER

So is this just a game or is it a heavy roleplay server?

That's a really common double standard. There's a rule I want to break? Oh, it's just a game. You're breaking the same rule? This is a heavy roleplay server. Yes, it is just a game but any game has rules and the rules of this game are stricter - that's what makes it fun. If the lines were blurry, we'd be playing GTA Online and it'd be a whole different thing. Rules make everything fun. Take out the rules, take out the fun. If you can't abide by the rules, it is what it is.

3 minutes ago, Weeb said:

Bro this is a game.

I do believe in keeping it full text.

Can always update the PD radio system to have channels, similiar to the /r system.

Makes partnered patrol mandatory so the partner is the one updating.

This also eliminates the usual MG accusations PD gets of abusing TS when they get shot at whatever without doing /me indicating the use of radio.

The PD radio is the normal /r radio - it has channels. It's impossible to update in pursuits / shootouts on /r. It's been done before (when TS was down) and it never worked out. That's because a person can't be expected to pay full attention to the situation while also being able to properly and constantly report over /r while, in real life, they'd just do both at the same time (driving while talking is as simple as it sounds). You also can't force people to do partner patrols. Check the reasons in my previous reply.  

Just now, Government Leaks said:

So? He has multiple alternatives like LSPDFR or something. If this server basically doesn't offer him to RP as a cop, then change the server. Simple enough.

I really do hope you are never put in a position in which you are discriminated against like this. Your lack of empathy is absolutely shocking.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
1 hour ago, Basko said:

That's fucking bullshit from LEO factions... I understand using teamspeak but it's not mandatory in my opinion... Isn't this ''Heavy text-based roleplay''? 

Basically this. The whole 'VOIP for LEO factions' thing makes it look like people just treat the game as LSPDFR multiplayer.

I do not think this is alright, if you are going to have a text based rp server do not deny someone due to a disability they can not control, bad move my friends. If they are qualified to be here then they are qualified to pursue which ever faction they want to be in. Especially with  the experience he has with LEO factions before.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Koko said:

I really do hope you are never put in a position in which you are discriminated against like this. Your lack of empathy is absolutely shocking.

Okay, so I don't mean to discriminate this guy.

But look, the solution to this is to accept what it is if the OP has tried everything he could. It would be quite understandable if some kind of suggestions by the OP are posted in the correct section rather than here although there's an internal way of suggesting.