Deaf player(s) and LEO Factions - The existing problem

Thekillergreece

Just now, Government Leaks said:

The OP mentioned he offered this procedure, but was unsuccessful. There's a reason why. 

I'd love if you started posting your arguments from your real forum account and not hiding behind the fake name of "Government Leaks". There is so many solutions that can be made so the guy could join the faction. He mentioned his experience, he's doing LEO Roleplay for five years now. How come that other Roleplay servers on other games were able to give him a chance, and suddenly, this server can't give him a chance? Teamspeak is used ONLY in pursuits and when there are shots fired? Okay. He can speak, but can't hear, why you guys just don't make a simple rule - he can't be part of a pursuit if he doesn't have a partner. He is a passenger in the cruiser, and that's okay, I can't see how can he harm anyone if he's in the faction. How can he harm anyone's roleplay? There's five pages on this topic where people offered solutions, and you guys suddenly can't accept any possible solution here. This is a game. People run away from the real life problems by playing this game, and now, he has the same problem on the game because he simply isn't able to hear, that's the only reason you can't accept him in the faction? I can apply for PD/SD, and I will never use Teamspeak (I mean, never speak there), and I will still be able to join, but he can't, because of his disability? Okay. This is HEAVY TEXT BASED SERVER, so I kinda can't see the problem here.

As someone who's RPed an LEO I can fully see the benefits of their system. 

However as someone who primarily RPs a criminal... You can definitely function without the voice channels. It's harder, sure but there are other peace officer roles that don't involve chases and shootouts that one could partake in. Hell that's without the fact that a deaf and handicapped player can still perform those aspects of Leo rp with a good partner. 

To preface this, I've been in PD on this server for probably two years at this point. What do I use teamspeak for? Pursuits, and when I'm pointman / lethal cover in breaches or an active shots fired situation. Some days I don't even use teamspeak ICly, I just sit in my channel muted.

If someone has no mic permissions because they're deaf / can't speak, you're excluding them from two things:

- Updating in pursuits

- Doing stuff that involves a lot of shooting such as Metro/SEB, or hell, even being the first to a shots fired scene.

Is that stuff necessary for PD? No. A vehicle takes off? You just pull over and send out an APB / put up a warrant for evading and any other charges. In fact, I know there's people in PD who will go out of their way to avoid pursuits.

Hell, even when you're getting shot at, most people can't radio it in at the same time as running away - coherently. If you can focus on getting to a safe space you can focus on roleplaying the oh shit button to get help. Sure, this puts you at a disadvantage - but hell, not everyone is some superhero cop and it might provide some interesting roleplay.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 2
3 minutes ago, Entity said:

I'll (again) give the examples I gave before - you can't be a pilot if you're blind, you can't be a sports commentator if you're mute. Also, in this specific situation, you were offered alternatives. That's the best and only way to go about this whole thing - finding middle ground. While the faction should be understanding of your disability, you should also be understanding of the faction's requirements. If you refuse, then that's on you. That's my opinion.

bro this is a game

• Applaud 1

Everyone else is held to a text standard, consistency is always nice. If you catch an L you catch an L, it's really not that deep.

Let this man in, this is astonishing.

EDIT: There's an inherent bias when LEOs can use it and no one else can, doesn't matter how you'd like to try and cut it.

Edited by Scarecrow
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Entity said:

No, they went to the the leadership of the two factions, not LFM or the staff team.

There is literaly a message thread attached to an earlier post that is a conversation with LFM. Selena says she tried to talk to the faction leaders and they wouldn't budge. If an officer is out of their car and someone pulls a gun on them, it is DEFINITELY PG for them to call it out on TS without RPing speaking into or reaching for a radio, in which case, they would likely be shot. 

Personally, I don't see why VOIP is used at all outside of pursuits, but that is a personal opinion. This person has been doing LEO RP for nearly 5 years and all of that talent and expertise is being wasted because they can't enter a pursuit? 

Also, if no one from PD or SD ever wants to partner with someone to help them overcome their disability, that speaks volumes of our LEO roleplayers. 

• Upvote 2

Bro this is a game.

I do believe in keeping it full text.

Can always update the PD radio system to have channels, similiar to the /r system.

Makes partnered patrol mandatory so the partner is the one updating.

This also eliminates the usual MG accusations PD gets of abusing TS when they get shot at whatever without doing /me indicating the use of radio.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

I'd love if you started posting your arguments from your real forum account and not hiding behind the fake name of "Government Leaks".

Why does that matter? I was on this account when I saw this. 

How come that other Roleplay servers on other games were able to give him a chance, and suddenly, this server can't give him a chance?

Why? It's mentioned in the main post clearly in the private messages!

Teamspeak is used ONLY in pursuits and when there are shots fired? Okay. He can speak, but can't hear, why you guys just don't make a simple rule - he can't be part of a pursuit if he doesn't have a partner. He is a passenger in the cruiser, and that's okay, I can't see how can he harm anyone if he's in the faction. How can he harm anyone's roleplay? There's five pages on this topic where people offered solutions, and you guys suddenly can't accept any possible solution here.

Why don't you make internal suggestion then?

This is a game. People run away from the real life problems by playing this game, and now, he has the same problem on the game because he simply isn't able to hear, that's the only reason you can't accept him in the faction? I can apply for PD/SD, and I will never use Teamspeak (I mean, never speak there), and I will still be able to join, but he can't, because of his disability? Okay. This is HEAVY TEXT BASED SERVER, so I kinda can't see the problem here.

So? He has multiple alternatives like LSPDFR or something. If this server basically doesn't offer him to RP as a cop, then change the server. Simple enough.

I remember you from RCRP, it's quite sad to see you still struggling to join factions with your disability. can confirm the guy actually has amazing english, n its quite heart breaking to see u be denied time n time again.

n the same argument can be made from all the other times u face this problem, its a game. u shouldnt be limited on what youre able to do on gta:w just because of a disability.