The Fire, The Flame

YnCFdSW.png

Nothing lasts forever.. I found that out the hard way..

Leaving my job in the Fire Department, volunteering in Paleto - Was, despite it making sense at the time. Was, in the end the worst decision I ever made.

I lost it all - Nicole..Kaiya, my twins, my home in Paleto, my dream job, my purpose. I felt like I had nothing to live for.

I spent the next couple of months walking the streets of Los Santos when I moved back to the city, I considered moving back to Norway. But, I knew even being back with Ava, Marcus and my family, it would never fix the eternal hole in my heart. Everyone in the department seemed to forget about me slowly and I felt like I was alone in a world I seemingly no longer knew where I belonged.

That's when Aurum came knocking on my door - Somehow, through my wandering, I became acquainted with Doctor Emily Whitman, the Chief Operations Officer - She recognised me from that one time my best friend John had taken me on Los Santos News Network, she wanted to eagerly work with me. Me, a new job, in a corporate. Seemingly devoting myself to one passion I had come to love - Public Relations, the only way I could maintain that servitude I had always been endeared with since I was nineteen. 

Over that summer, I met a kid called Ellie - Later becoming acquainted with her father Rico, we became like blood brothers, him, his own brother, his wife and his daughter -  We bonded over our Norwegian roots. Rico hailing from Norway himself, I hadn't felt such a connection since Ava left and, suddenly I didn't feel alone. Along with the new friends I made with Aurum, I felt like I belonged somewhere - I felt Wanted.

I went from not knowing my place in the world, to going through several relationships, connecting with old friends and continuing to make new ones - I made Marketing Manager with Aurum and people began to look up to me, I was still being recognised from my work with the Fire Department, which felt weird - Despite my efforts to distance myself from my old self. Though, any friend I made, including my girlfriend at the time - Louise, would hear the stories of my days as a Lifeguard, my sister Lilith and my days in Paleto. No matter how much I tried. 

Ellie also came into the picture more, my niece. Returning from university, she became my intern. I felt proud that, like my job before, I could mentor someone. and have a purpose in someones life.

Several months on...I found myself giving up Aurum after nearly two years, where did I go? Well, things ended up coming full circle, nowadays, I work for San Fire - Fire Marshals again, maybe in a smaller capacity as Public Relations. But, I was fufilling my original 'destiny' again as my therapist always told me. Serving the members of Los Santos, who knows what the future holds. But, I know, even now - I'll be accompanied by my family, blood isn't always family as I found over the years, it's the people you want in your life...

and hey, now I've even got Kaida, the best person in the world along for the ride..

Version One:

"When I moved to Los Santos, I never wanted to follow in my parents footsteps. Growing up, I felt like they always looked down on me...Having to take care of my siblings, I hated them. I swore I would never follow in my dads footsteps and chase money...I admired my mother more for being a nurse. But, for me to follow in their footsteps, I could never.."

"So, I became a Firefighter. Serving my new home, a noble job. But, I always felt something was a miss. If we were busy saving people, who would save us? Over the years I lost so much, the losses began to take its toll. I felt like every day I put my badge on, I had blood on my hands... "

"Eventually, I gave up on being a Firefighter and instead, became a Fire Marshal. It was a fun job. Showing me there was more to Firefighting than just fighting the fires. I still got the thrill of what I had as a firefighter, investigating arsons? Nothing could compare. But, somewhere down the line. My confidence got the better of me. I lost my true self and began to think of myself as untouchable. I had gone from a naive little probationary to someone with the ego of a skyscraper. Little did I know, the job would bring out the worst in me.."

"Parting ways with the Fire Marshals, I was left without a calling. I felt lost in a world that I seemingly didn't fit in. I had proven to people, if anything, I was an asshole. I wasn't the happy-go-lucky Firefighter Jorgensen any more. I was the shadow of what once was. That was, until I met a lifeguard who told me - We all make mistakes, mistakes are lessons of our lives; and with that I moved on...."

Version 2:

New Beginnings, New Opportunities.

YjrmR8w.png

"Over the next couple of months..I focused on work..

Eventually I parted ways with the State Fire Marshals...It was difficult, even Melanie couldn't fish me out the the rut I managed to dig myself into..But, then I remember the friends I had made along the way.

I spent the rest of my time away from work at the beach, running into Lilith 'Lilypad' Seong. One of the local Lifeguards who had had taken care of me as a Marshal when the weather inevitably caused me issues. After spending a day with her, eating food, enjoying life. She taught me how to live life and not let it live it for me. She taught me there was more to life than work and soon enough brought back the old Alex I thought I had forgot how to be. She taught me there was more to life than sitting behind a desk with paperwork. She became like a sister to me, someone I thought I'd lost when Ava left.

I eventually found myself joining the Los Santos County Lifeguard, as a trainee Lifeguard. I thought of the job as a dream come true. Once again serving the Public like I had since I was Nineteen. Living and working at the beach once I had found my own place and moved on from Jonathan's hospitality in Del Perro. However, despite Melanie's continued attempts to ground me. I still had issues of trying to step over my boundaries. 

During my weeks as a trainee, I met a girl called Anna. I was still pretty socially distanced from people as I had always been. However, Anna seemed different. She seemed to somewhat bring me out my shell as a individual with her relaxed and carefree attitude towards life. Soon enough, she became a close friend and eventually after some convincing - A colleague. 

I continued to give myself to others, volunteering with Hope Community Center and that's where things expanded from there. Captain Aoyama brought me aboard his venture with Dune-Os. A bar designed for the community and to raise money for charity. Though, for reasons. I'd find myself taking over the project, I was eager to continue what Itsuki began, bringing Lilith and Anna on board and that's what it was. Just three friends, enjoying ourselves.

Eventually I became a fully fledged Lifeguard and picked up being a Public Information Officer for the Fire Department and things grew from there. Things would only seem to improve from there.

I became close to then Assistant Chief, eventually being able to call her my girlfriend. It was like everything in life was finally falling into place and I found myself back where I was when I was nineteen, where it all began. Becoming a volunteer Firefighter in Paleto Bay at Station One. Where me and Nicole called home and then also leading Public Relations. 

Though, somewhere along the line - I felt like I began losing myself again. Becoming lost in the world of work. Neglecting my new family - My daughters and Nicole in favour of work..

It was at this time..I knew I needed a Fresh Start...

But where?..."

rU3B9wW.png

This Thread will follow the development of Alex Jorgensen, an ex-Firefighter, ex-Fire Marshal and now Semi-retired Citizen in a city, he feels he doesn't fit into.

Edited by Jorgensen
  • Upvote 5
  • Jorgensen changed the title to The Fire, The Flame