Removal of automatic emote when using the spikes command

Tseard

Just now, eTaylor said:

Spikes aren’t used in game the way they’re used in real life. Same with pursuits in general.

That sounds like an RP issue to me! Shouldn't we encourage more realistic, and higher quality RP? Hell the one time I ran from the cops they managed to use them correctly. We shouldn't be encouraging poor RP practices. 

Just now, Ted said:

That sounds like an RP issue to me! Shouldn't we encourage more realistic, and higher quality RP? Hell the one time I ran from the cops they managed to use them correctly. We shouldn't be encouraging poor RP practices. 

I think it’s more to do with adaptation. The police adapt to the game. Their tactics are a result of the challenges they face in the game world, sprayed with a lick of realistic paint to make it work. 

Frankly, this whole debate is starting to always be an attack on law enforcement factions and just comes across as 'well you're anti-roleplay and play to win' if you dare disagree to any sort of roleplay actions. Roleplay is an important factor if it tells a story. A story is what we're all here to portray; our characters story and ultimately the story of a little city called Los Santos near Blaine County.

Does somebody doing a /me of throwing an item onto the road directly contribute to someone elses roleplay? Will you even observe it as you speed past in your elegy doing 130? Are you going to be around to emote about how he pulls the cord to remove it off the road? If we're going fully into the heat of the moment actions requiring roleplay, we should also push for small arms, weapons of any sort, to be roleplayed removed from the holster or waistband. Currently that's not enforced, any one handed weapon can be withdrawn as it is a quick item.

Roleplay is ENCOURAGED, as in all scenarios it's encouraged, but I don't see a push for that, much like how I don't see a push for people to need to RP fueling their cars, RPing using an ATM, RP putting their seatbelts on in a car. In fact, the community voted against having to do that command each time and you honestly tell me how many people RP putting their seatbelt on when they get in the car. 99% of people I would say don't do it.

Getting a rifle from a gunrack? Okay, I understand the reasoning for it, because it follows the rules that the other people in the server utilise. But if we're going into the roleplay first mentality, let's remove the 'reaches for a weapon' or 'hides a weapon' ames. Let's remove the ability for people to change their outfit at their car, because it's weird so many people carry a full change of clothes in their car, especially their dirt bikes.

The line has to be drawn somewhere, and this seems like people trying to take a cheap shot because of the L. People have to take the L when people pull a gun on them while they're typing, because they can just /equip 1 and fire. If you want everything changed to a complete, roleplay first mentality, which is done in some places, you'll need to make a suggestion for that, not target PD specific equipment.

3 minutes ago, SpartanofSparta said:

Frankly, this whole debate is starting to always be an attack on law enforcement factions and just comes across as 'well you're anti-roleplay and play to win' if you dare disagree to any sort of roleplay actions. Roleplay is an important factor if it tells a story. A story is what we're all here to portray; our characters story and ultimately the story of a little city called Los Santos near Blaine County.

Does somebody doing a /me of throwing an item onto the road directly contribute to someone elses roleplay? Will you even observe it as you speed past in your elegy doing 130? Are you going to be around to emote about how he pulls the cord to remove it off the road? If we're going fully into the heat of the moment actions requiring roleplay, we should also push for small arms, weapons of any sort, to be roleplayed removed from the holster or waistband. Currently that's not enforced, any one handed weapon can be withdrawn as it is a quick item.

Roleplay is ENCOURAGED, as in all scenarios it's encouraged, but I don't see a push for that, much like how I don't see a push for people to need to RP fueling their cars, RPing using an ATM, RP putting their seatbelts on in a car. In fact, the community voted against having to do that command each time and you honestly tell me how many people RP putting their seatbelt on when they get in the car. 99% of people I would say don't do it.

Getting a rifle from a gunrack? Okay, I understand the reasoning for it, because it follows the rules that the other people in the server utilise. But if we're going into the roleplay first mentality, let's remove the 'reaches for a weapon' or 'hides a weapon' ames. Let's remove the ability for people to change their outfit at their car, because it's weird so many people carry a full change of clothes in their car, especially their dirt bikes.

The line has to be drawn somewhere, and this seems like people trying to take a cheap shot because of the L. People have to take the L when people pull a gun on them while they're typing, because they can just /equip 1 and fire. If you want everything changed to a complete, roleplay first mentality, which is done in some places, you'll need to make a suggestion for that, not target PD specific equipment.

Not helpful at all. 10 points for intent though.

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

Not helpful at all. 10 points for intent though.

It's more me saying, the whole system needs to move if we want it to move, not just pick off one system on a specific faction while leaving other, extremely similar and more wide used systems, such as the ability to pull a gun on someone without a lick of RP and fire at them, ending their characters RP right then and there, unchallenged while doing so. 

4 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I think it’s more to do with adaptation. The police adapt to the game. Their tactics are a result of the challenges they face in the game world, sprayed with a lick of realistic paint to make it work. 

Yeah I think you're giving the PD way too much credit there. "Adaptation" to me sounds like, "Lowering RP standards so we can catch more criminals." If a criminal pulled an AK without rp we wouldn't call that adaptation, we'd call it fail rp. Why the PD gets to abide by a lower standard is wild to me. Everyone else is told to RP actions, and the like, why do PD get a pass?

Just now, Ted said:

Yeah I think you're giving the PD way too much credit there. "Adaptation" to me sounds like, "Lowering RP standards so we can catch more criminals." If a criminal pulled an AK without rp we wouldn't call that adaptation, we'd call it fail rp. Why the PD gets to abide by a lower standard is wild to me. Everyone else is told to RP actions, and the like, why do PD get a pass?

Because some actions are quick paced. If a criminal did that same action right now, but with a pistol, that's completely dandy if he has his reasons to do so. The AK thing was even addressed with PD; people now do the same RP in the SD and PD. 

The issue is that the system is not the complete same across the board and people are poking at things and saying this should be completely roleplayed while other things can be left off. Who's roleplay is being enriched from someone pulling a gun that quick with no RP but they have reason to do so? Who's roleplay is being enriched because the PD guy at the side of the road doing a 250 /me for the guy in the elegy screaming past. Is he going to read it while running, or is he going to scroll back to indulge in that crafted word work? Who's roleplay is it affecting if the /me did or didn't exist?

That's my issue. If we're going to go this RP first mentality, it needs to be uniform across the board, for everyone to do with not one fringe system being targeted. I am all for adding more roleplay to the system, I love to immerse myself into it, but pressing one side is unfair when similar, larger and more egregious examples of this type of 'automatic me' exist.

3 minutes ago, SpartanofSparta said:

Because some actions are quick paced. If a criminal did that same action right now, but with a pistol, that's completely dandy if he has his reasons to do so. The AK thing was even addressed with PD; people now do the same RP in the SD and PD. 

The issue is that the system is not the complete same across the board and people are poking at things and saying this should be completely roleplayed while other things can be left off. Who's roleplay is being enriched from someone pulling a gun that quick with no RP but they have reason to do so? Who's roleplay is being enriched because the PD guy at the side of the road doing a 250 /me for the guy in the elegy screaming past. Is he going to read it while running, or is he going to scroll back to indulge in that crafted word work? Who's roleplay is it affecting if the /me did or didn't exist?

That's my issue. If we're going to go this RP first mentality, it needs to be uniform across the board, for everyone to do with not one fringe system being targeted. I am all for adding more roleplay to the system, I love to immerse myself into it, but pressing one side is unfair when similar, larger and more egregious examples of this type of 'automatic me' exist.

You seem to think this is all about the other party seeing the roleplay. It's not. It's about roleplaying on a roleplay server.

It wasn't the point for this suggestion to be nitpicky about certain factions and bash them. I come across this feature quite a lot during my time on this server, hence why I made the suggestion to get it changed because I personally feel that it should be changed. 

I personally roleplay a lot of minor things that other people don't because you can already use a bind or a button for it (locking/unlock car doors, starting engines, turning lights or sirens off) and I didn't base this suggestion to be aimed for the suspect only but rather for the entirety of the server. 

Just now, Marksman said:

You seem to think this is all about the other party seeing the roleplay. It's not. It's about roleplaying on a roleplay server.

Exactly! Like I said, if we want to press for this more complete RP first mentality, we should push for it across the board. We're all here to roleplay, so let's decide universally, across the board, what level of RP we want to hold all players to, not just up it with one system while other systems are held at a lower standard.

4 minutes ago, Tseard said:

It wasn't the point for this suggestion to be nitpicky about certain factions and bash them. I come across this feature quite a lot during my time on this server, hence why I made the suggestion to get it changed because I personally feel that it should be changed. 

I personally roleplay a lot of minor things that other people don't because you can already use a bind or a button for it (locking/unlock car doors, starting engines, turning lights or sirens off) and I didn't base this suggestion to be aimed for the suspect only but rather for the entirety of the server. 

And that's completely understandable. Just as I said, if we want one system changed that, on the grand scheme of things compared to other 'ame' systems, is used rather infrequently, let's push for it all to be changed.