Removal of automatic emote when using the spikes command

Tseard

1 minute ago, SpartanofSparta said:

Exactly! Like I said, if we want to press for this more complete RP first mentality, we should push for it across the board. We're all here to roleplay, so let's decide universally, across the board, what level of RP we want to hold all players to, not just up it with one system while other systems are held at a lower standard.

And that's completely understandable. Just as I said, if we want one system changed that, on the grand scheme of things compared to other 'ame' systems, is used rather infrequently, let's push for it all to be changed.

Well, feel free to make that suggestion to get that changed so it can be discussed and debated. This is just something that I encountered and would like to be changed. 

I'm in support of this suggestion if the following conditions are met and implemented along with this suggestion:

• Players evading police must type a /me to turn their engine on or off every time.
  • Players must type a /me before they press Y to enter a property when in foot pursuit.

"But that takes too long to type!" Sorry, roleplay on the roleplay server.

/thread

• Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Sebz said:

I'm in support of this suggestion if the following conditions are met and implemented along with this suggestion:

• Players evading police must type a /me to turn their engine on or off every time.
  • Players must type a /me before they press Y to enter a property when in foot pursuit.

"But that takes too long to type!" Sorry, roleplay on the roleplay server.

/thread

lol

You guys just want to win so bad.

• Upvote 3

Taking and placing spike strips in the trunk - if there even is an automated emote for it - yes, it can go. For deploying (and potentially removing) spike strips - no. It is similar to other regulations such as drawing small firearms without an specific emote needed - it is encouraged and appreciated to roleplay your actions and slam down some dandy emotes, but it is not necessary. Yes, you can argue about all of them, same as you can argue about long rifles requiring written emotes to be drawn on the entire community, law enforcement factions included.

But what benefit does it bring to th server? If it comes to interception tactics used such as the spike strip, the pursuit has already been ongoing for a while or there is incentive to stop the vehicle fast from an in character perspective; armed pursuits, reckless driving, etc. Spike strips are not thrown out left and right on every pursuit as some make it seem in their response. It is one of the few interception tactics that can be used and is usually requested by a present supervisor. 

What benefit does the change from an automated /ame and encouragement to forcing a /me dapped down for the car zooming past at high speed bring? You will probably resort to more stationary road blocks despite a lot of spike strip uses being that last second throw both IRL and ingame seeing as it is the most efficient tactic. Not to mention that stationary blocks have to be set up very early in advance and I can already see issues coming up such as other characters zooming through the spikes in the meantime leading to issues such as lawsuits filled unless you either copy/paste an emote or play typemaster 3000 for when the pursued vehicle approaches. For then being the same experience as is - spikes out, immediately pulled back once the suspect passed. The only difference there being the player throwing a copy paste or dapping down a half baked emote before or after the actual act instead of an automated /ame and the encouragement to slap down your own emote which can easily be done after the use of the spike strips, e.g. folding them back together and storing them in the trunk of your cruiser.

Personally, I stand with the system as is when it comes to immediate usage. This however doesn't stop you from roleplaying when you can without pressure - preparing for the throw, pulling the spike strip back, folding them together and other things, be creative. 

Other than that, the amount of salt in this thread and fists thrown back and forth just for the sake of it...like damn. You need to take a chill pill and not use every single opportunity to bash on each other because you got nothing better to do during Christmas than beefing with people online. It is not helping anyone, nor is it contributing to the discussion in any way other than causing bad blood for little to no reason. 

1 hour ago, Henning said:

This is the type of P2W mentality that should get you automatically removed from PD. If people break the rules report them, commonly staff members are observing pursuits to additionally catch any additional rule breaks so I don't see how it's as big of an issue as you make it out to be. Your basically saying: If I take the time to RP I'll lose, there for I am against this suggestion. 

Sadly seems to be a common mentality amongst members of PD.

Nice strawman.

17 minutes ago, orca112 said:

Taking and placing spike strips in the trunk - if there even is an automated emote for it - yes, it can go. For deploying (and potentially removing) spike strips - no. It is similar to other regulations such as drawing small firearms without an specific emote needed - it is encouraged and appreciated to roleplay your actions and slam down some dandy emotes, but it is not necessary.

This is basically what I was thinking. Nobody is gonna sit an /me tosses a spike on the road, by that time the car is gone.

2 hours ago, Henning said:

commonly staff members are observing pursuits to additionally catch any additional rule breaks

I wish. In my experience, if an admin is observing they've been called over via a report. I don't think it's fair to completely dismiss one side of the argument based on that.

Edited by Queen
  • Developer

Like Westen and a couple of other people said. /take and /place automated emotes can be Roleplayed.

Spikes have to be deployed within seconds, we have a general rule that you HAVE to RP the spikes if you have the TIME. E.g. when you're posting on the highway and hear the units coming your way.

If you do NOT have the time, you can use the automated RP and press Y to deploy spikes.

Also funny thing is.. NOBODY sees your roleplay. They speed past with insane speed. So whether you copy and paste a pre written /me, or you use the automated emotes.. It's not gonna make a difference.

I'm going to lock this as within 7 hours we have 7 pages of discussion.

• Upvote 1