Removal of automatic emote when using the spikes command

Tseard

Almost like they have 90% of their actions are RPed out for them already. When it comes to removing/equipping a weapon from their vehicle, spike strips, ect. You have radios, usage of voip, and helicopters. If you're worried about the time it would take to RP it out, just position yourself in advance and communicate. If a suspect goes a different route then what you expected, then you just get back into the pursuit with the other 30 officers. 

15 minutes ago, Tseard said:

I don't know why you are being so passive aggressive about this and frankly I don't want to bicker back and forth between the quotes.

There is nothing stopping you from laying down spikes before the suspect is at your location. You can set them up prior. Sure, tossing them at the last moment has the most effect of surprise but you can also think outside of the box. You don't have to do the /me in the presence of the suspect. As long as you placed down the spikes yourself.

I have a whole different opinion about having a 30 minute chase through Los Santos but I'll keep that for another topic. 

I can definitely see your guys' point for placing them down but what about taking and placing them in the car?

There is no room for detailed roleplay when the person you're depending on doesn't give a shit about it, and wants to get away from you. Ignoring the obvious moments when you should RP even if the person doesn't give a shit about it.

I could agree with you on taking and placing the spikes in the trunk, but even then I'd prefer it if we just did a ~1 sec automated anim to keep the immersion.

But the moment that the spikes are going to hit the ground I don't want to be forced to type a /me when it's such a split second decision.

I disagree with many of the suggestions you make, but this one really got me heated.

2 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

Unsure why you quoted me? 

I’ll give my two cents on this. 
Law Enforcement already have enough advantages. Removing a 1 second spike strip, doesn’t hurt anyone. They can literally end a pursuit by typing /takespike. 

It’s another step to balancing things. 

Because the quote is just as pointless as your "+1 agree".

Back on topic, I simply disagree with you. Spiking as it is, is already difficult. Why make it impossible?

2 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

There is no room for detailed roleplay when the person you're depending on doesn't give a shit about it, and wants to get away from you. Ignoring the obvious moments when you should RP even if the person doesn't give a shit about it.

I could agree with you on taking and placing the spikes in the trunk, but even then I'd prefer it if we just did a ~1 sec automated anim to keep the immersion.

But the moment that the spikes are going to hit the ground I don't want to be forced to type a /me when it's such a split second decision.

I disagree with many of the suggestions you make, but this one really got me heated.

Back on topic, I simply disagree with you. Spiking as it is, is already difficult. Why make it impossible?

Spiking is not difficult if you have communication with your fellow officers. 

6 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

I'm not telling you to do detailed roleplay, you don't have to make a 15 word /me to describe it. 

Look as much as I do personally support the fact of RP>automation this ain't it chief, yes we do have a lot of advantages sure, just like cops do IRL, so I'd say the fact that in GTAW LEO's in general have an upper hand on evaders, criminals whatever you wanna call them, it kind of emphasises the reality. So it's a no-no from myself.

I'll support this one as soon as a rule gets added that people can't drive over 100mph in a city centre during a chase and must slow down at intersections - We need to strike a balance, I've never been able to pull off spikes because the pressure is already intense enough, adding this would lead to less people using spikes, longer pursuits etc.

In my eyes, we should be rping taking/placing within the car, but I can't get on board with this removing the emote for throwing/removing. 

Edited by Waterflaps
  • Upvote 1

While it seems that putting spikes is easy and can be done everywhere, then I should say that it is not (getting up with the pursuit is also kind of a nut to crack). Removing the /ame command would, of course, be more roleplayish, but.. at the same time - it would remove the balance between the evaders and PD we have right now, thus, I'm not supporting this suggestion, unless something else (that makes the balance between evaders/criminals and the PD/SD) will be added and will be enforced heavily. 

5 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

I can't drive and I don't use spike strips, but I am fine with having people roleplay taking, or placing them out (or into) the trunk. I've seen that most people do this either way, so it wouldn't be difficult.

As for deployment/withdrawal? I'm against that,

This I can get behind.