Founder & Developers update 2018

Hello,

As many of you have noticed, Courgette is inactive since early November. I am currently slowed down a lot by handling many things I shouldn't have to handle as the main developer, and while I love doing it, the server needs me where I will be really useful.

Courgette and I used to balance between development and various tasks (maintenance, donation support, advertisement campaigns, player requests) but him leaving, I am now alone to handle all this and I am receiving hundreds of discord messages / forum PMs a day that I could redirect to someone dedicated to it.

I love speaking with you all on discord and always will, I also love being very active in every groups of the community (faction management, property, staff..) and this will remain.

However @Courgette will be demoted to regular developer due to his general inactivity and as he is not doing anything else but development. I requested 2 additionnal resources to the company helping me to run/cover the cost of the server to help me handle these tasks, one to handle all community reputation (basicly a community manager), graphic - media works orders / follow, stream / youtube partnerships and one to handle all donation support / law issues and bring some activity ingame at dead hours too.

The answer was positive, however only one new member will come replace Courgette in the Founder team for now, the second will arrive later If still needed.

Our incoming member is named @Snowflakes, we had the pleasure to work together on various projects and I fully trust her to do an amazing job in what I need off my shoulders.

Snowflakes will handle the following roles:

-Community manager by taking the lead on social media projects, community discussion / feedbacks / debates, interviews, stream / youtube partnerships. She'll also be ingame If you have any question or requests. This also means more power to the media team and more work!

-Donation support, all future requests will be directed to her and she will be able to answer way faster than I am today. 

-Law support : You all know that we had issues with a former web developer that decided to go against his NDA contract, and also performed website defacing on GTAW UCP. I had to spend many hours on the current police complaints that were created and I honestly don't want to handle this ever again. She'll handle all future legal issues.

I would also like to congratulate @JoeWarner for being promoted to head of web development, he has proven that he could provide the required work for the UCP and that he has definitely the skills to do so.

@Everett is also going to be promoted from junior web developer to full web developer. Congratulations on your work on the upcoming UCP update Everett, you've been doing an amazing job as tester and junior developer !

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
45 minutes ago, Pinkerton said:

Welcome, but hiring outside management has been known to sometimes cause issues, particularly with those directly under them. Good luck.

The management keeps its full independant power, they do work as equal with founders, my word/vote isn't worth better than theirs, same for new founders. The concern is legit.