Grand Theft Auto 5 is completely maxing out my GPU.

StonedFox

Hey,

So for the longest time I've played GTA 5 on PC. I've never really had performance issues at all. In my game settings I have them set to only use half of my available video ram, which is about 2gb/4gb total. Most of the time I sit at about 50-60% but in certain locations like Route 68, downtown, and the LS Docks for some reason completely maxes my GPU usage out and causes severe stuttering. I've gone through and fucked with almost all of my graphics settings, even bringing the required vram down to 1gb/4gb but still no luck. My guess is it has something to do with asset loading. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Specs:
AMD R9 3900
Nvidia GTX 970 - Yes, this card pretty out of date, but so far until last year I've been able to run top shelf triple A titles with ease, it's only now I have to sacrifice some graphics for performance. Only GTA 5 or maybe GTA W is causing this 99.7-100% usage.

32GB DDR4 Ram

and various other stuff that doesn't affect performance in games.

1 minute ago, chester said:

Have you tried seeing if this happens in SP?

I imagine your drivers are up-to-date. Do you have a lot of programs running in the background?

Yup. Drivers are up to date and I tried running the game on a fresh restart with minimal programs open, same thing. Singleplayer doesn't have issues with performance on my end.

Just now, StonedFox said:

Yup. Drivers are up to date and I tried running the game on a fresh restart with minimal programs open, same thing. Singleplayer doesn't have issues with performance on my end.

Perfect, cheers.

OK, if you're not getting any issues in the same areas on SP then this narrows it down to RageMP. Tried reinstalling RAGEMP entirely too?

• Kaz locked this topic