The Stress System + Reduced Wages + Narcotics Addiction

DLimit

I can already tell you what will happen - since this suggestion is directed towards those mindlessly grinding jobs, they will buy said drugs and simply /useitem on the road to keep going with little to no roleplay involved for anyone. If they are pulled over, they won't roleplay any effects of the drugs.

Personally, I believe it is better to give positive examples and guide players that just grind/money farm rather than forcing them into a script mechanic they most likely will not roleplay anyways just to fill someone's pockets with people rolling up to Davis asking random people for drugs to reduce a script percentage bar which doesn't have any effects other than a mysterious decrease of income because a script percentage tells the player they are stressed. It is a good idea to tackle two existing issues on the server, but I believe there should be a better way of doing it. Otherwise you might as well unarchive suggestions for hunger and thirst bars because 'no one goes to restaurants'. 

19 minutes ago, orca112 said:

I they will buy said drugs and simply /useitem on the road to keep going with little to no roleplay involved for anyone. If they are pulled over, they won't roleplay any effects of the drugs.

Then punish them? Just like how you're punished by cutting drugs without any RP, or doing /createitem without any RP, or doing deliveries without any RP. It's just another aspect that you must roleplay if you don't want to get punished.  

Sorry, but no. I'm against RPG systems, let alone a half-made stress system that only exists to push people towards using drugs. I respect a lot of players in this community for their knowledge, expertise and wits but there's no player I'd trust to create an extensive system to serve as a replica for the human psyche.

Edited by yerro
31 minutes ago, yerro said:

Sorry, but no. I'm against RPG systems, let alone a half-made stress system that only exists to push people towards using drugs. I respect a lot of players in this community for their knowledge, expertise and wits but there's no player I'd trust to create an extensive system to serve as a replica for the human psyche.

I have to agree with the above. I really appreciate the effort put into this idea, and the thoughts and motivations make sense, but a system like this simply will not work. It is focused on script jobs, meaning those not doing script jobs are completely exempt? That doesn't make any sense. 

I also want to see a more sensible drug system that heavily encourages more use, but this isn't it unfortunately.

4 hours ago, orca112 said:

I can already tell you what will happen - since this suggestion is directed towards those mindlessly grinding jobs, they will buy said drugs and simply /useitem on the road to keep going with little to no roleplay involved for anyone. If they are pulled over, they won't roleplay any effects of the drugs.

There should be a an additional text forced into players attributes to inform about their potential state of physics to other players.

2 hours ago, yerro said:

This is my perspective on this topic. This is a RP server; not an RPG server. I do not want to see RPG elements on this community, and if this gets added, where do you stop? Force people to eat/drink items to raise their food/drink levels?

RPG games are fun; but so are RP games. They are not the same type of games and I feel we're confusing the two concepts here. 

On this topic, I do see your point; but I believe that introducing the ability for narcotics to provide an overpowering benefit would just lead to a more cops and robbers attitude on this community; as everyone who is not a cop/fd/gov would just possess illegal narcotics all the time and use them, meaning interaction with Police is unfavourable and they will run from simple things which may lead to them being searched/under some suspicion for possessing items leading to more cops and robbers type interactions.

TLDR - I do not support this suggestion as it's too RPGish.

• Wuhtah locked this topic