Put some clothes on.

Daquan Kingston

10 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

The weather should have an hourly update in the chat to show current weather and temperature. Ive been playing here since 2017 and only found out about /weather 2 weeks ago.

I'd like to highlight this here as it's what I widely experience around me.

Personally, I had the luxury of a douzen or more people throwing information at me to take in account when getting started, amongst this a notice that I can use /weather to determine how cold or warm it is, so I can dress my character accordingly (or rp a cold/sweating in summer heat).

Left aside the snowy day, this however is all but an obvious system: There's indeed zero mentioning of the existence of a server wide temperature unless the player looks it up- which again requires upfront knowledge as it's nowhere in the tutorials.

Most people I told this to were simply not aware and picking outfits solely on character taste without to take changing temperatures in account, as they (temperatures) are nowhere refered to ingame left aside when the player checks for it to determine what outfit to rp today.

Edited by knppel
1 hour ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

I believe Management already stated (on the weather thread), weather is supposed to be based of last years LA temperature, meaning that even in December it should frequently be above 20C in the day and rarely does it fall below 8/9 C at its coldest during night.

Weather IS based on LA's climate and is based on the information from this page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Los_Angeles

25 minutes ago, Rozi said:

Weather IS based on LA's climate and is based on the information from this page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Los_Angeles

With respect, while I appreciate the developers intention is to make the IG weather based off that data, the reality is, that it is not functioning correctly IG and it is not representative of LA weather from that chart or any other.

Its frequently far too cold and even after the changes, raining multiple times per day, every day, is incorrect.

i.e. It’s bugged or the data is not being used (or has perhaps been entered), incorrectly.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Saccs said:

Some people may truly forget because when playing on the computer, they’re in their warm homes IRL and they forget how cold it might be outside.

They should be reminded that this is not just playing but getting into a role - thus making it role playing. Imagine forgetting your character is a man or a woman.

1 hour ago, Kipps said:

People being underdressed for cold weather must be about the most infinitesimally small of roleplay issues this server has. 

Even so, it is something that OP thought was immersion breaking and wanted to stop. We always discuss really uselessly small things here on the forums. It is those things that are easiest to fix when pointed at and given attention. A lot of people already has a few slots dedicated to "warmer" clothes, and it would be absolutely fantastic to see it used on the server more.

I especially feel that something the inhabitants of the server could do most times of year is to wear a coat or something at late evenings and night. It gets colder without the sun, and as others pointed out, when people are used to warm weather "cold weather" actually seems cold because you're used to much higher degrees.