Why your character shouldn't have a gun

Fusco

32 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

That’s the lamest excuse I’ve ever heard, you stall so you can keep your items and get someone put in jail and when they report you get your friend who’s an admin to take the case. 

Yeah most definitely. Stop you’re makin a fool of yourself, I don’t stall. I roleplay. Roleplay takes time, contrary to what robbers may think. I want quality RP robberies and gladly give away items after its roleplayed, but if you think im handing over every item after a /me pats her down /b showinv, ur dead wrong. Ask me to take the items out, or take them yourself. Not just me oocly giving everything I have on my person cause you frisked me. I’ve only been reported once in my time here and absolutely shredded them a new one, if someone wants to report me during robbery RP again by all means, but I don’t need a corrupt admin to defend myself cause I clearly know the rules and roleplay standards. Stop the cap.

1 minute ago, ayame said:

Yeah most definitely. Stop you’re makin a fool of yourself, I don’t stall. I roleplay. Roleplay takes time, contrary to what robbers may think. I want quality RP robberies and gladly give away items after its roleplayed, but if you think im handing over every item after a /me pats her down /b showinv, ur dead wrong. Ask me to take the items out, or take them yourself. Not just me oocly giving everything I have on my person cause you frisked me. I’ve only been reported once in my time here and absolutely shredded them a new one, if someone wants to report me during robbery RP again by all means, but I don’t need a corrupt admin to defend myself cause I clearly know the rules and roleplay standards. Stop the cap.

Jesus, relax.

I'd be willing to put money that 90% of players who commit more than one (1) robbery a week are irredeemable garbage at role play who cling to these threads as a way of convincing themselves that they're anything other than shit as a way of justifying the behavior. If you're incapable of going a week in-game without using a gun then you're a horrible player, it's literally that simple. Every response to this will inevitably be a hard cope fest, watch.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

I am not sure which country you reside in, the creator of this thread. Many people around the world do not possess firearms simply because the law does not allow them to. In many countries you would have to have very specific and special circumstances to be granted a license to possess a firearm and in order to carry a pistol, and on top of that concealed, requires exceptional circumstances.

The general sentiment put forth, if I understood it correctly, of 'less gunplay and more roleplay' I can certainly subscribe to but the main points I took issue with are the stereotypes and the conclusions derived from them.

A trucker;

1. Is generally well off, financially, in the vast majority of developed countries in the western world. They do tend to be away from home a lot though, especially in the United States where labor laws are quite lax. 

2. If your trucker has a family and works to sustain them this could possibly be an incentive to protect themselves to continue to do so?

3. Truckers, in the United States, in most states are not legally prohibited to conceal-carry a firearm.

Dangers on the road including 'a group of blacks' and 'mobsters' who steal your cargo really falls in to the stereotypes portrayed on the server. Mobsters robbing your truck really harkens back to the 1920's. A black person working at a Chinese restaurant, an Arab in a motorcycle gang and a black middle-class person living in the countryside rubs a lot of stereotypical players the wrong way. When in fact black people, like everyone else, can and do work in all manner of businesses as well as some of them want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Arabs join motorcycle gangs, at least in Northern European countries, much like many other ethnicities. I would implore you to review your own stereotypes and the conclusions you derive from them.

I thank you for your input and discussion is always good.

7 minutes ago, Groenewald said:

I am not sure which country you reside in, the creator of this thread. Many people around the world do not possess firearms simply because the law does not allow them to. In many countries you would have to have very specific and special circumstances to be granted a license to possess a firearm and in order to carry a pistol, and on top of that concealed, requires exceptional circumstances.

The general sentiment put forth, if I understood it correctly, of 'less gunplay and more roleplay' I can certainly subscribe to but the main points I took issue with are the stereotypes and the conclusions derived from them.

A trucker;

1. Is generally well off, financially, in the vast majority of developed countries in the western world. They do tend to be away from home a lot though, especially in the United States where labor laws are quite lax. 

2. If your trucker has a family and works to sustain them this could possibly be an incentive to protect themselves to continue to do so?

3. Truckers, in the United States, in most states are not legally prohibited to conceal-carry a firearm.

Dangers on the road including 'a group of blacks' and 'mobsters' who steal your cargo really falls in to the stereotypes portrayed on the server. Mobsters robbing your truck really harkens back to the 1920's. A black person working at a Chinese restaurant, an Arab in a motorcycle gang and a black middle-class person living in the countryside rubs a lot of stereotypical players the wrong way. When in fact black people, like everyone else, can and do work in all manner of businesses as well as some of them want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Arabs join motorcycle gangs, at least in Northern European countries, much like many other ethnicities. I would implore you to review your own stereotypes and the conclusions you derive from them.

I thank you for your input and discussion is always good.

This is objectively correct.

• Wuhtah locked this topic