Why your character shouldn't have a gun

Fusco

37 minutes ago, Sush said:

Hey guys put months of investigation into characters with 3 hours on them only to have them namechange when you come down on them. The issue you're referring to is this: People create alts which are already in their main's gang. A member from that gang tells them to 'hold' a pistol or whatever when they've got less than an hour on the server, and that alt takes care of the business and then goes away just as quickly.

So... Report them?

16d9148fc3c16b3fd1a4aad1a2b3c500.png

If people are so clearly violating the rules, it shouldn't be that hard to ban them right? Or are you just being a salty PD doomer who assumes every criminal is shit and not worth your time. Because frankly, your coming off as the latter.

39 minutes ago, Sush said:

Besides, most gangs last a couple weeks at most.

Gangs that have existed more then a couple weeks:

W/S Hoover Criminal Gang : 7 months

Varrio Rancho 13 : 5 months

W/S Tongan Posse : 4 months

The Paisa Car : 8 months

Culver City Boys 13 :  5 months

CVTF 13: 1+ year in one form or another

MS-13 : 9 months

Hillside Gangsters 13 : 1+ Year

Vagos MC : 10 months

Westside Armenian Power: 1 year

Not to mention the countless other gangs who have been active for 2 months or less. Your doing nothing but make the issue worse by ignoring any IC solutions just to run to the forums and cry about how all criminals are shit and admins need to intervene!  But what do I know about criminals on this server, it's not like I'm one of them and actively choose to RP with them every day. Weird that I don't get shitty RP constantly like you do but frankly I'm not surprised given that most PD and SD members just treat every criminal like dogshit and tend to ignore us IC. And given your OOC attitude I'm gonna assume your apart of that group.

• Applaud 1

based take - americans love guns. I'm American. We have guns everywhere. It's incredibly easy to acquire a legal and or illegal firearm [depending on location].

Most characters on GTA:W should have guns. Especially since everyone usually carrying the guns are either epic PF holders that are in a open relationship with several individuals or a twelve year old rocking around like it's menace to society with the peacemaker.

Such is life, guns are everywhere in America. 

Guns are such an appealing item to possess in roleplay communities, I have simply made it a personal rule that none of my characters will ever actually own or use one (outside of purely social events, such as attending the shooting range with a friend).

So far it has made roleplay fun and exciting, moreso for my criminal character, as there is a need for better solutions outside of "kill them all".

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Guns are such an appealing item to possess in roleplay communities, I have simply made it a personal rule that none of my characters will ever actually own or use one (outside of purely social events, such as attending the shooting range with a friend).

So far it has made roleplay fun and exciting, moreso for my criminal character, as there is a need for better solutions outside of "kill them all".

The purpose of a firearm doesn't have to be "Kill them."

For many, it's nothing more than "Don't be killed"

Another thing that should be considered. On this server guns aren't the issues, the players are. Most people who you try to describe in your original post regarding unrealistic factions that last a "couple weeks" and commit crimes/shootings/etc. @DasFroggymakes a great point, that being "kill them all" mentality.

I wish people on GTA:W would focus on the psychological effects of snuffing a person out. Now, I know some people in real life are cold heartless killers who are real as fuck, but, not everyone is a killer. I'd prefer less lethal fighting / melee combat, obviously, sync is a big issue and I respect why people use guns, since it's a surefire way to handle something. Beef on GTA:W would be an amazingly fun and dynamic if sync is eventually fixed. I'm currently in two different wars and both escalated to gun combat rather quickly, one justified, one not.  

If you kill countless people, let alone one person, there is trauma of your actions soon-after that adrenaline is gone. Some people feel hollow and empty, some vomit and hyperventilate, some use substances to numb the pain or distractions to get their mind off the murders. But, it's up to the person how their character is portrayed, and it's solely up to them to play it off realistically. I've personally never been in the legal scene, but I imagine copping a gun for self defense, social events, or shooting ranges sounds perfectly fine and should be encouraged, especially with illegal rpers going around robbing people, myself included. It should be fair playing ground for legal and illegal, but both sides have issues with portrayal of murder and the frequency of murdering. If I had a choice on GTA:W to not shoot someone in a conflict, I would and I have countless times in the past.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Vincent said:

It should be fair playing ground for legal and illegal, but both sides have issues with portrayal of murder and the frequency of murdering. If I had a choice on GTA:W to not shoot someone in a conflict, I would and I have countless times in the past.

I agree with a lot of hat you're putting down here. A problem GTA roleplay has always had is that killing someone is really easy from a gameplay standpoint, and from a roleplay standpoint there's really not a lot left to the conflict after that. If you kill a person, whether it's a PK or a CK you "win" that encounter. As long as your character doesn't get witnessed doing it, you're pretty much done with that plotline, and your character won. A dead person can't really pose that much more of a threat to you.

Playing one of the "legal" characters, when I had an incident where my character pulled a gun on two people rifling her friend's unconscious body for loot like it's Fortnite--she pulled the gun because one of the guys ran at her with a baseball bat. She dropped him with non-fatal shots. The other guy took cover and screamed for her to stop. The "meta" thing for me to do there would have been to finish him off as well and execute his friend so they're both dead, that way there are no chances of IC consequences for my character. Obviously, my character is not a stone-cold killer, and I realistically portrayed the reluctance she has to commit violence on another human. End result? That guy got into his car and started VDMing the scene when police showed up and it had to be voided.

Realistic, and frankly a lot more fun and engaging RP, takes two to tango.

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, Marksman said:

The purpose of a firearm doesn't have to be "Kill them."

For many, it's nothing more than "Don't be killed"

This is true, and absolutely fair, but it becomes more exciting and challenging when you do not have the easy button of a gun to end the conflict right away. 

could shoot the bad guy and run away, or I could try running, hiding, negotiating, or all three in a more coherent order. Provided the ooc actor is not playing exclusively to win, it could end up being a game of cat and mouse, or a genuine negotiation to not mention to anyone that miss unarmed lawyer lady just witnessed Joey Two-Toes getting free swimming lessons with his new cement shoes.

Using a gun means someone ends up dead, but not having one opens so many more possibilities. I just wish the bad guys were willing to more quickly explore those possibilities instead of just ending it right away with their own guns :c

• Wuhtah locked this topic