Why your character shouldn't have a gun

Fusco

I own a shotgun just because I like to shoot it. If I lived in an area with a moderate crime rate, I would most certainly carry something to defend myself on a daily basis. Los Santos is well above a "moderate" crime rate, especially for truckers. Truckers are probably the worst demographic you could use to argue this sentiment, considering just how often they get robbed and hijacked.

I can't tell if you're trolling here but, in the United States of America, people own guns. You can literally purchase them from Walmart in most places across the US. To them, owning a gun is a right and they exercise it freely and often. 

Therefore this entire post makes no sense unless you're purely talking about truck drivers purchasing guns illegally. Which I still disagree with, but I would recommend if you're going to RP a legal truck driving character, you put in the effort to obtain a PF license to purchase guns legally before switching over to the black market to find an illegal firearm. 

Whether someone decides to carry a gun or not it all depends on their character's decision so it's simply all IC. However, a person's decision on whether to carry a gun depends on where they live and how the crime rate is there, now let's be real here Los Santos isn't the best place to live at all and honestly, if Los Santos was real and I lived in it I would for sure keep my gun on me 24/7. 

People carry solely because this city is filled with individuals who are here to "loot" or cause problems, I understand the hatred for "PF warriors" but most of the time, a person gets robbed and he gets a PF license just to protect themselves and I'm not talking about the individuals that get PF guns and do crime, that's a whole other case.

TLDR: People get gun licenses to protect themselves. 

All I'm trying to say is, the more civilians are using guns the more people are gonna get killed for poor reasons. IRL of course I know, I've lived in USA and I know how it works. But in the game, I'm not sure if it is a good idea to have this is mind of ''I need a gun for protection or whatever''. Of course you can carry a gun if you want to, I'm not saying everyone shouldn't be allowed to. 

10 minutes ago, Fusco said:

All I'm trying to say is, the more civilians are using guns the more people are gonna get killed for poor reasons. IRL of course I know, I've lived in USA and I know how it works. But in the game, I'm not sure if it is a good idea to have this is mind of ''I need a gun for protection or whatever''. Of course you can carry a gun if you want to, I'm not saying everyone shouldn't be allowed to. 

Here's a scenario. You have people going out to rob other people, mainly civilians. Civilians get robbed often and decide "man fuck this I'm getting a gun to protect myself." And so they do, and so they fight back next time. You can't expect people to pretend it's a cops and robbers type deal where the civs stay victims permanently. There's only so many times they can get fucked over before they decide to defend themselves. Not everyone's gonna stay a victim forever.

• Wuhtah locked this topic