Examine, yeah do that. Plus a bit about robberies.

Engelbert

I noticed many people just outright ignore the function. But given the game doesn't allow people to actually tune their visual to those of 13 years old teen. You just need to examine other players in case they are underaged. Cause nobody wants to see someone gunning down a child just because they didn't about do simple /examine XYZ. Also let's extend this topic onto that or robberies again. People seem to complain about robberies alot, especially those done by teens. It is usually teens doing the robberies mind you.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Engelbert changed the title to Examine, yeah do that. Plus a bit about robberies.

Definitely have to encourage using /examine, mostly because it simply makes sense to look at what the person describes themselves as beyond their model.

It's a tricky situation for sure though, teenagers and crime. As a Rancho civilian, my reminder to do /examine is that if you are a teen character, my character will gift you some fruit from his food truck. Now, the problem is, as always, the fact that many teenagers speak like grizzled Vietnam veterans to begin with (this might very well be justified in-character on a case by case basis) and are described essentially in adult terms, with them being muscular and often above 6 feet tall anyway.

If someone comes at you with unrestrained, adult aggression in an area notable for gang violence, the problem is that I don't see at some point how it makes a difference whether they're 12 or 17, other than for legal purposes, since scriptwise they have all of the abilities of a standard adult anyway for the purpose of, for example, a fistfight. I simply don't know how much shock characters can continue to express if they see little child militias running around every day commiting violent crime.

Yes, fully agree, /examine is important. Regarding "/ame is 13" though:

Koko hit the problem on the head. I see so many "teenage" characters who are 6 feet tall and walls of rippling muscle, who are covered in gang ink and packing a full arsenal. This isn't necessarily unrealistic--I know plenty of teenagers who are 15 or 16 but who look like they could be in their 20s. And yes, gang members tend to start their (short) careers in being slaves to drug dealers at a pretty young age. 

But if your character looks like an adult, is built like an adult, talks like an adult, and has tattoos like an adult, my character is going to treat them like an adult. You don't get to RP being 6 feet tall and muscular, but then go "/me is only 15 years old :(" And when our characters live in a violent, criminal city where half the teenagers are mass-murderering street hitmen, you can't blame people for ICly treating teenagers as being dangerous.

I see lots of people RP teenagers well on this server though, so to those of you who properly develop your characters, good job! On topic, I suggest people who have characters with "/examines" which need checking to drop hints in your emotes that people should check your examine. 

Edited by Ink
  • Upvote 2

whats the aim of this thread? to stop people from doing unrealistic portrayal?

every rp server has had and will always have this problem, theres always going to be some bartender with a cheetah driving around, and always gonna be a crim rper thats 12 years old going around beating people up, the people that do this aren't gonna all stop because they see a thread post, even if they do see this which i doubt.

only solution is to report, or try teach them one by one via PMs, but they'll probably tell you to fuck off since they don't see a problem with what they're doing.

Not really, just a reminder that people should read the examination before deciding to gun down three people beating someone else. In the eyes of every judge that's improper self-defence aka jailtime. Which goes up double if the victims are underaged. And then if it was poorly portrayed, then my question is, why do I have to suffer through roleplay scene that is gonna be voided anyway thus wasting my time?

2 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I /examine like everyone I meet, mostly to check for gang affiliations, or just to cringe at why the hell they felt the need to add how big their ass or tits are 

Size of tits and ass is important IRL, so................ Yeah.. 🙄

Your name alone makes me think of the later.... 

Edited by Alexandra_Forge