Export characters to Menyoo through UCP.

With the somewhat recent (i only figured this out like yesterday) ability to export properties to Menyoo being added, this brought up an idea I've had for a while but never suggested. Porting characters over from GTA World to Menyoo can be somewhat of a pain. I've done what I can to try and make it less of a pain by using my minimal knowledge of coding to make a program to convert it. However, this is still limited, the converter for reasons I'm baffled on doesn't quite get the face blend right and there's a lack of hair, eyebrows, and other overlays which aren't visible on the UCP. Having the ability to export a character with all of this already done for you would make it much easier for those who are trying to create their character in singleplayer to do so. Hair may not be something which is easily doable, due to the server's custom hair mods, so it may be better to leave that for players to add to their character. However, this would allow for people to make something which accurately resembles their character, and hopefully not make them look amazing when they look like a potato ingame.

Edited by Codac
  • Upvote 2
Just now, Mike said:

Should be possible, not too sure about colors tho, they seem to be different in ragemp and menyoo? Unless I'm mistaken @Codac

Not something I even thought about. I don't think they are? But that's something a GTA World dev would have to clarify. From my little bit of experience, everything seemed to mostly line up pretty well from GTAW to Menyoo.

Just now, Codac said:

Not something I even thought about. I don't think they are? But that's something a GTA World dev would have to clarify. From my little bit of experience, everything seemed to mostly line up pretty well from GTAW to Menyoo.

Ahh, I'll see if I can code something this week.

Everything is pretty much ready to go, I'm stuck on tattoo's. I haven't added in clothes either but that's not important.

Maybe you know how to help me past this point 😛 @Codac

When Menyoo adds a tattoo the xml part looks like this:

<:anonymous collection="0xc3691af4" value="0x23f14040" />

The part that I have working is value. The part that I don't know (yet) is the collection part, it's hashed in some way. RageMP uses a collection name and not hash, collection names like: multiplayer_overlays and mpsmuggler_overlays, wherever the tattoo comes from, we don't use hashes. I can't figure out how to convert the string to a working hash, I've already tried with the collection name, tattoo name and some random hashes I was able to generate xD.

5 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Can we get the opposite of this too? Using a Menyoo .xml to apply it in-game?

I personally wanna say, not anytime soon. It's already taken me too long to generate gtaw -> menyoo, maybe when I'm bored some day to figure out how to pull data from xml and create an entire script. Another dev is always free to do this but I'm not planning to soon (unless I change my mind all of a sudden and Nervous approves).

• Upvote 1