Lower Mechanic Garage Wages

Snoot

Short description: Mechanic Wages should be lowered considerably.

Detailed description: Mechanic Wages in GTA:W are ridiculously high when compared to any other job, which leads to insane oversaturation of mechanics on the server, even if it doesn't fit the character. These high wages lead to poor roleplay when it comes to doing the mechanics job itself, as well as poor portrayal when it comes to talking about how realistic it would be for a mechanic to own multiple super sports cars, several bikes and trucks, etc... 

I'm saying this as someone who RPs a mechanic myself, and compared to any other character it is just ridiculous how much money you make by working as a mechanic, even when doing long-winded, detailed emotes. Talking 100k in half a day of RP isn't unrealistic depending on how many people show up to get their entire car done.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add:N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? More realistic portrayal of a working class mechanic, more realistic portrayal of characters in general. Less farming of money using (in some cases) subpar mechanics RP.

Additional information: I would suggest a form of tax to be applied, or a cap to how much one can earn per customer. Parts still need to be paid for, and actual mechanics prices should be as they are, it shouldn't be overly cheap.

• Upvote 6

Duplicate suggestion, the other one raised a lot of good points.

Yes mechanic roleplay needs to be heavily enforced and please PM for the love of God do not give out garages to people who think muffler bearing is a thing and have no interest in cars other than making their character a millionaire. The money is a number on your screen, it should not affect the character portrayal.

Edited by QuadTurboW16

How about the people that properly roleplay garages and prefer RP over script money? I worked with a small team at a domestics only spot that did restorations/tuning and this took OOC days. We weren't cranking out 30 cars a day, we were cranking out a car every 5-6 OOC days. I'd be making 30-40 grand profit a month, with a little bit of an extra included with the modding parts we got. 

How would we go about the people that properly RP this instead of use garages to grind out cash? Instead of limiting good roleplayers as it usually happens, why not enforce stricter garage requirements? Let me put an example. Let's say you want to join an illegal gang. An italian crime family for example. You're gonna have to do some research, right? Why aren't garages held to that same standard? If you're gonna do mechanic work, at least learn the basics. 

If I still worked at a shop and if this got applied, I'd barely be making any sort of profit, and believe me, there's quite a few people genuinely interested in doing RP like I did. I suggest that PM enforces stricter garage requirements, not hand them out to everyone, and I also advise all of you to report trash tier mechanics that do two /me's and charge you three grand for labor. That's the only way you're gonna root it out.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

I am on the same side @JustAnM43 is on this one. It is a similar issue as the trucking script - a lot of people use it to grind out cash and put the roleplay aspect aside. Lowering or raising the wages usually does not bring a change; You lower the wages, they will grind more to compensate the lesser money received, you raise the wages, they will grind to make more cash.

Instead of changing the profits, it should be more incentive put on the vehicle garage owners and their employees to properly portray their character and realistic times in regards to their work done on vehicles. A whole respray of a vehicle is not simply done in two minutes as a drive-in service. If people would properly roleplay their actions and customers hand in their vehicle and come back around an estimate time or scheduled time like IRL on larger changes or repairs and thus garages handling maybe a handful vehicles and not 30-40 per hour then the paycheck and its profits would not seem as broken.

1 hour ago, JustAnM43 said:

How about the people that properly roleplay garages and prefer RP over script money? I worked with a small team at a domestics only spot that did restorations/tuning and this took OOC days. We weren't cranking out 30 cars a day, we were cranking out a car every 5-6 OOC days. I'd be making 30-40 grand profit a month, with a little bit of an extra included with the modding parts we got. 

yea you're literally in the 0.00000001 percent

I've been on the server 2 years, probably gone to mechanics several hundreds of times. I haven't once seen any mechanic that keeps the car for rp more than 30 minutes, let alone an hour, and you're saying 1 car a week ? If there's other people that do what you were doing they probably rp on some australian timezone because i've never seen them. 

I agree with base suggestion.

25 minutes ago, Pathway said:

yea you're literally in the 0.00000001 percent

I've been on the server 2 years, probably gone to mechanics several hundreds of times. I haven't once seen any mechanic that keeps the car for rp more than 30 minutes, let alone an hour, and you're saying 1 car a week ? If there's other people that do what you were doing they probably rp on some australian timezone because i've never seen them. 

I agree with base suggestion.

So just because we properly RP'd as we should means we should get fucked for decent pay and go under because the garages aren't being regulated/reported properly. Gotcha lmao

• Upvote 1

It's a simple solution. REPORT the bad apples. At the end of the day, shitty RP not reported breeds more shitty RP. I reported two garages in the span of a week and the complaints went right up the chain to Property Management. Garages are reported enough, they get taken away. Either there is too much "loyalty" among RP'ers or people don't think reporting does anything. I assure you it will if enough reports are received.

Edited by Juicebox
  • mj2002 locked this topic