Remove the RPG element of Trucking

ThatDutchPerson

1 hour ago, knppel said:

That's what I meant with "bigger picture".

You seriously suggest to erase a system designed so other characters can earn money and to simulate a bustling economy, to enable a single roleplayed scene where you're helping someone for free.

Again, I get your motivation and definitely think there should be some sort of option for you to do that withoutto have to deliver 100 crates first, but scrapping a system that's actively and passively used by many characters in favour of one scene where someone helps a friend?

Don't forget it is the simulation that creates our environment, the character stories just happen infront of that.

Scrap the simulation and there's no dynamic left, which will dull up any story no matter how creative.

And yet again you are singling out one of many exemples and pretend my main motivation for this is me, myself and I, while that is not the case.

We had a pretty good talk over discord and there it seemed like we were both on the same page.

Pick a side, make a decision.

It's not about this specific example, replace it with any you like, but these are precendence cases.

I am not in favour of replacing a system catering to a wide audience with one tailored for specific example cases- regardless of what example we pick out, it stands against a whole lot of people who roleplay trucking as their character's job.

7 minutes ago, knppel said:

You're suggesting a "revamp of crate prices" without to even suggest absolute numbers.

I'm not a trucker, I might be wrong, but a tweak on the pricing would affect truckers, I think.

That option is basicly;

- Keep the levelling system, but make it affect pricing and not what vehicle you may drive. Crate prices are all 150 per crate, no matter what level you are. Truckers buy the crates, and sell them to other businesses that require them. So if you pay 250 per crate and and a trucker buys one for 150, they make a 100 dollar profit per crate. Excluding the rent of the van/truck.

Affect pricing as in; the higher level you are, the less truckers pay per crate.

How does that effect roleplay?

7 minutes ago, knppel said:

I'm not a trucker, I might be wrong, but a tweak on the pricing would affect truckers, I think.

Please, I highly advise you to do some research into a subject before making the wrong decisions/calls based on assumed and wrong information.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
13 hours ago, Cantafford said:

-1 because if this would be implemented we would see 100000 Pounders driving around 24/7 and would probably cause problems with the economy as someone above said. Even people who are not interested in trucking would pick it up if they can earn 2000$ per run from the start without working it up. Probably the whole server would be trucking. The system is fine it is as good as it can be on this server.

So Trucking should be regulated to companies, and drives should be set to a specific vehicle for said company, instead of everyone just spamming /startshift

If its monitored better, and put into a more RP aspect, and its watered down to a said amount of trucks in a fleet (depending on where to go and what buisness needs what) then it would crack down.

Sadly, I know we all hate it, but shipment sizes should depend on maths... Why does everything make me want to do maths.

1 hour ago, Dom. said:

I don't give a fuck about the pay. I'm just annoyed I'm expected to work for six months straight just to get the ability to do trucking in an actual trucking vehicle. I want to roleplay a trucker, not a van courier.

This. The problem is this is actually driving away the people who want to roleplay truckers instead of seeing trucking simply as a way to make money to fund their lavish lifestyles. Not only that, but it encourages you to grind it as quickly as possible, encouraging bad trucking RP habits, so you can get to the actual RP you want to be doing.

2 hours ago, Dom. said:

I don't give a fuck about the pay. I'm just annoyed I'm expected to work for six months straight just to get the ability to do trucking in an actual trucking vehicle. I want to roleplay a trucker, not a van courier.

36 minutes ago, hillievonb said:

This. The problem is this is actually driving away the people who want to roleplay truckers instead of seeing trucking simply as a way to make money to fund their lavish lifestyles. Not only that, but it encourages you to grind it as quickly as possible, encouraging bad trucking RP habits, so you can get to the actual RP you want to be doing.

So work your way up? I don't get it, where's the character development? If I want to roleplay a big CEO I don't just get a company and a bunch of money handed to me.

• mj2002 locked this topic