Remove the RPG element of Trucking

ThatDutchPerson

10 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

So work your way up? I don't get it, where's the character development? If I want to roleplay a big CEO I don't just get a company and a bunch of money handed to me.

If I want to play a doctor, I'm not making a high school student and RP all through college and med school either. I'll make a doctor and develop from that point forward. Frankly, development doesn't mean starting at the bottom every time, that's just one kind of story.

1 hour ago, eTaylor said:

So work your way up? I don't get it, where's the character development? If I want to roleplay a big CEO I don't just get a company and a bunch of money handed to me.

He wants to be a normal trucker, not a CEO, CEOs don't drive trucks. 😄

Edited by Jennie
7 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

If I own a Mule, literally scriptwisely /own/ a Mule, I should be able to use it.

Then come up with a meaningful suggestion to introduce truck licenses for non-delivery-truckers.

One that hits the target (You wanna drive your Mule) opposed to hide this motive behind generic critic of what you call "grinding" but makes the backbone of the economic simulation for business-characters- and thus allows for a lot of roleplay for everyone who doesn't insist to diy.

17 minutes ago, knppel said:

Then come up with a meaningful suggestion to introduce truck licenses for non-delivery-truckers.

One that hits the target (You wanna drive your Mule) opposed to hide this motive behind generic critic of what you call "grinding" but makes the backbone of the economic simulation for business-characters- and thus allows for a lot of roleplay for everyone who doesn't insist to diy.

How many times do I got to repeat myself that me driving my Mule is far from my motivation for this suggestions? The system is severely outdated and is based purely on grinding. I offered alternatives; three even. I had a lengthy discussion with you privately too but it seems like you just don't get what Im suggesting here. You admitted you have no idea what the trucker job is or how it works, and laughed when I offered you guides to have an insight on how it works.

If you don't care about a subject to atleast understand how it works before you comment on it, then don't comment at all. That's rule one of discussions.

1 hour ago, knppel said:

I think that we're all able to understand what he meant by that statement, we're not kids who need to be told everything word by word. I also think that we can both agree that the way it currently stands, the trucking job is the perfect example of grinding. There's no roleplay involved, just mechanically driving from point A to B, making some money, rinse and repeat. That RP line that you are forced to do can not be considered roleplay. Most characters portraying truckers have little to no character development. It's just next-level mining.

Trucking is the backbone of the in-game economy just because the system set this standard. Change the system, change the standard. This is what this suggestion is about and I fully agree.

• Applaud 1
2 hours ago, eTaylor said:

If you had the money and the company already then yes, you can go ahead and roleplay as a big CEO. If you have a big truck then yes, you should be able to drive your big truck.

It's not about working your way up. Not everyone has to start from the very bottom. I'm pretty sure you didn't start roleplaying as a newborn either, so you did start from somewhere you didn't get through character development. That's normal and there should not be any script limitation in regards to this.

Lmao all these people 'i just wanna do truck rp i don' t care about the cash'. Yeah you do nobody cares about truck rp you just want to make 2k per run withiut putting in the work first. 

If all you cared was rp and not the cash you d get a truck dr8ve around and just /me the commands because that is totally possible. 

4 hours ago, eTaylor said:

That's not exactly how it works in real life. The process of getting your hands on an actual long-haul rig isn't started out by just "driving a van and working your way up". I'm striving for realism here, not a stupid grind.

I'm sorry, I come from a server that had an actual script-supported trucking faction that involved itself in many different avenues of construction and courier work. When I think of "trucking roleplay", I imagine driving a giant semi-truck across the state in organized convoys and such. Not driving around to pick up stupid crates and drive two blocks to deliver them to a store.

Edited by Dom.
Just now, Dom. said:

That's not exactly how it works in real life. The process of getting your hands on an actual long-haul rig isn't started out by just "driving a van and working your way up". I'm striving for realism here, not a stupid grind. 

In real life you would still need to do some easier deliveries perhaps even with lighter vehicles before getting assigned on a big long haul rig which pays better. Granted you probably would not neccessarly mean to drive a van however you won't get assigned to the highest paid drives right away. That experience which you need is simulated in game by the need to start with smaller vehicles first. Perfectly fine.

• mj2002 locked this topic