Remove the RPG element of Trucking

ThatDutchPerson

6 hours ago, StoryTeller24 said:

Leaving my two cents here for obvious reasons:

Maybe crack down on the lack of RP, like truckers going 70+ MPH on the dirt roads near Route 68/Northern parts of the state.

Thats because this is a grind job. Admins say its not and that grinding is forbidden but this system is purely based on grinding and to truck fast fast fast to earn money money money.

-1 because if this would be implemented we would see 100000 Pounders driving around 24/7 and would probably cause problems with the economy as someone above said. Even people who are not interested in trucking would pick it up if they can earn 2000$ per run from the start without working it up. Probably the whole server would be trucking. The system is fine it is as good as it can be on this server.

6 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Thats because this is a grind job. Admins say its not and that grinding is forbidden but this system is purely based on grinding and to truck fast fast fast to earn money money money.

Any job is 'grindy' to some extent. When you join the LSPD you don't become a Lieutenant because you 'want to RP a high ranking police officer'. You start as a cadet or whatever is called and work your way up the ranks. Most jobs work like that you have to work your way up.

I'm not very familiar with trucking in real life but I assume obtaining a license to drive a big truck and be trusted by companies to go on high reward deliveries also takes some time and experience and this 'grind' that you complain about can in some way simulate the work one needs to do in order to achieve that on the server.

Most people suggesting this care very little about 'the lack of RP in trucking' and more about the fact that they can't get 2000$ per run from the start. Surely if everyone could do that amount when they hit 20 hours of gameplay we would have probably 80 percent people on the server driving Pounders and that would do things way worse than they are now.

Edited by Cantafford

Not in favour. I think it works well when considered as a supply chain system rather than just a driving job.  I really don't see the value of unpicking that for the small percentage of characters that want the rp of owning a big truck. 

I don't like the grind approach that people /choose/ to play iiin this way and I don't like the quality of driving, but that is more about players being responsible than the system 

37 minutes ago, Nemon said:

Not in favour. I think it works well when considered as a supply chain system rather than just a driving job.  I really don't see the value of unpicking that for the small percentage of characters that want the rp of owning a big truck. 

I don't like the grind approach that people /choose/ to play iiin this way and I don't like the quality of driving, but that is more about players being responsible than the system 

It is possible to drive any kind of truck and RP all you want :D. It's just not possible to make money with a Pounder unless you have the required number of deliveries tou :D

• Upvote 1

There's no reason for truckers to make good money as an employee, if you don't want to grind then find a RP job, there are so many different paths and opportunities. I disapprove, trucking might help new players to get familiar with the server but you joined in 2018. Veteran players should be able to find a way to make money by roleplaying rather than driving around and tossing a handful of /me's to open doors, load, unload, and muttering a few words into a radio.

1 hour ago, Barbie said:

There's no reason for truckers to make good money as an employee, if you don't want to grind then find a RP job, there are so many different paths and opportunities. I disapprove, trucking might help new players to get familiar with the server but you joined in 2018. Veteran players should be able to find a way to make money by roleplaying rather than driving around and tossing a handful of /me's to open doors, load, unload, and muttering a few words into a radio.

Sorry that my character wanted to help a friend out rather than earn actual money with it.

18 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Sorry that my character wanted to help a friend out rather than earn actual money with it.

That's what I meant with "bigger picture".

You seriously suggest to erase a system designed so other characters can earn money and to simulate a bustling economy, to enable a single roleplayed scene where you're helping someone for free.

Again, I get your motivation and definitely think there should be some sort of option for you to do that withoutto have to deliver 100 crates first, but scrapping a system that's actively and passively used by many characters in favour of one scene where someone helps a friend?

Don't forget it is the simulation that creates our environment, the character stories just happen infront of that.

Scrap the simulation and there's no dynamic left, which will dull up any story no matter how creative.

Edited by knppel
  • mj2002 locked this topic