Remove the RPG element of Trucking

ThatDutchPerson

Short description: Remove the RPG Element of Trucking

Detailed description: Right now trucking is a level based job where people got to grind to level up and use bigger trucks, which is quite RPG-ish and honestly has no place in a roleplay server of our standards. Take for exemple me; I own a Mule privately from my illegal brewing business, yet I can't use it because ''I'm a junior trucker'' and I am forced to rent a Burrito. How does that even make sense?

• Either remove the levelling system (allowing people to rent any trucks no matter their ''level'') OR;
  • Keep the levelling system with the rental trucks, but if people own their own trucks let them use that no matter their level, OR;
  • Revamp the levelling, merely decreasing the prices of crates the higher level you get.

Community input thats great:

• - Have a special license for bigger trucks.

Commands to add:

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would get rid of one of the last grinding elements in the server, because grinding isnt even allowed. Its currently even financially stupid for truckers to do long-range deliveries, leaving the county is desperation (esspecially Paleto) while the city is stocked to the brim.

Additional information: Saves a lot of the time of RP Quality Team too, because truckers dont need to grind anymore, or a minimal.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
  • Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1

It's incoherent and illogical that when some users suggest RPG elements they reject it for being RPG and instead the truck system is pure RPG, perhaps they should remove the limit, I doubt that a person without working can afford a large truck.

In fact, they should keep the limit of small trucks when you work without a transport company, and allow you to use large trucks by obtaining the special license for said trucks (furthermore, companies must ask their workers for this license if they want to drive large trucks), just as there is a flight license, a license for the use of these trucks, that happens in real life, you don't need to work for Fedex using small trucks if you want to be a large truck driver, it's nonsense, in real life you get the license, you buy the truck/rent it or the company lends it to you and that's it.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, BigSmileLing said:

It's incoherent and illogical that when some users suggest RPG elements they reject it for being RPG and instead the truck system is pure RPG, perhaps they should remove the limit, I doubt that a person without working can afford a large truck.

In fact, they should keep the limit of small trucks when you work without a transport company, and allow you to use large trucks by obtaining the special license for said trucks (furthermore, companies must ask their workers for this license if they want to drive large trucks), just as there is a flight license, a license for the use of these trucks, that happens in real life, you don't need to work for Fedex using small trucks if you want to be a large truck driver, it's nonsense, in real life you get the license, you buy the truck/rent it or the company lends it to you and that's it.

This is also a great one, a special license for bigger trucks! I think we even used to have it.. why was it removed?

Added to the main post.

I can see a frustration with this, I've done my fair share of trucking.

An idea could be that you as a trucker are allowed to use all types of trucks, but the different trucking ranks determine how many crates the company / rental place would let you take with you on a trip, insurance wise or something.. 

I agree it's kind of silly, that you can't at least use all types of trucks regardless of the rank you are.

Edited by Pepper

Remove the trucking levels, but make it so that if you damage the truck at any point you have to pay money to the company (or server) and the larger the truck the larger the amount in fines you have to pay. So it's a higher risk higher reward thing. Would also encourage safe driving. On top of that add a rule where basically if someone decides to ram into you while you're trucking without a solid reason to do so, they will receive harsh punishment. This also will make people want to save up for their own trucks as smashing up your own truck won't penalize you.

Just food for thought. But I like the general concept. It's stupid from a realistic standpoint.

-1 to the suggestion, system is fine as it is compare to before the revamp. The ranking system is about commitment. Only if you really spend time trucking you get to drive the big trucks. I don't want to see every trucker driving Pounders around.

Quoting another reply here, "the "RPG" trucking system is actually somewhat accurate to what would happen IRL, a trucking company would not trust you with driving the expensive rigs off the start."

What I do want to see is more roleplay for trucking management instead of just recruit drivers and be done with it. Contracts for businesses should be possible as a business doesn't just allow every trucking company to deliver for them.

Edited by QuadTurboW16
  • Upvote 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic