Investigations

Jari13X

4 minutes ago, UTOPIA said:

[SANN] CHILD MURDER IN RANCHO! - Online News & Blogs - GTA World Forums - GTA V Heavy Roleplay Server   

They exist, investigations happen, but it is a difficult thing to roleplay. Takes a lot of time and dedication to follow through with them.

And I was the part of those investigations, I was working along with MickeyO and SD Detectives to build those cases. But true, it takes a lot of time and dedication. 

A whole new faction is not needed and would, I imagine, just muddy the waters for investigators. I don't know if PD, SD and JSA already communicate well for investigations but I think a joint task force to investigate some of these powerful illegal organizations and gangs would be much more feasible. 

Just now, Seaward said:

A whole new faction is not needed and would, I imagine, just muddy the waters for investigators. I don't know if PD, SD and JSA already communicate well for investigations but I think a joint task force to investigate some of these powerful illegal organizations and gangs would be much more feasible. 

Nah, DA investigators if they become a thing will just be an extension to JSA.

12 minutes ago, Seaward said:

That would be DA Investigators, the name speaks for itself, it would be a part of JSA (DA's Office). I never had any communication or cooperation with PD about the cases, until recently, when I started Roleplaying with @Frezemis. SD Detectives were always cooperating with us.

11 minutes ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

It being a new faction or not isn't really the issue, we just need more investigations into criminal entities that are actively involved in crime, especially extortion and mass shootings.

True. And corruption of public office, etc.

• Upvote 1

The people who make these suggestions have no idea what goes into building and maintaining an investigative body as well as building a successful investigation in the long-term. There’s no need for another investigative body. I can only speak from my position in the LSSD’s Detective Bureau, but we’ve grown tenfold over the course of recent months. We are still developing and laying the foundation for long-term success. This is a process that takes months and starting another investigative body would not help more investigations occur. I understand the frustration from an outsider perspective re the perceived lack of investigations, but try to think of it from a logistical standpoint too. Progress will come with time, at least with the LSSD’s Detective Bureau. 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
11 minutes ago, Timid said:

The people who make these suggestions have no idea what goes into building and maintaining an investigative body as well as building a successful investigation in the long-term. There’s no need for another investigative body. I can only speak from my position in the LSSD’s Detective Bureau, but we’ve grown tenfold over the course of recent months. We are still developing and laying the foundation for long-term success. This is a process that takes months and starting another investigative body would not help more investigations occur. I understand the frustration from an outsider perspective re the perceived lack of investigations, but try to think of it from a logistical standpoint too. Progress will come with time, at least with the LSSD’s Detective Bureau. 

At the end of the day, idea about DA Investigator is not up to us, the community, it's up to my faction leaders, and Legal Faction Management. I see what are you trying to say, but most of you are just afraid that someone will "take your job away". That's why people are against it, not because "it's hard to maintain an investigative body". The idea of having DA Investigators is that hey will, I repeat, ASSIST PD/SD IN INVESTIGATIONS, only in high profile cases, such as organized crime. But they will clearly be able to investigate corruption of, for example, let's say, SD, because we are all aware that bunch of SD members have corruption permissions which started being unbalanced.

1 minute ago, .Pluto. said:

At the end of the day, idea about DA Investigator is not up to us, the community, it's up to my faction leaders, and Legal Faction Management. I see what are you trying to say, but most of you are just afraid that someone will "take your job away". That's why people are against it, not because "it's hard to maintain an investigative body". The idea of having DA Investigators is that hey will, I repeat, ASSIST PD/SD IN INVESTIGATIONS, only in high profile cases, such as organized crime. But they will clearly be able to investigate corruption of, for example, let's say, SD, because we are all aware that bunch of SD members have corruption permissions which started being unbalanced.

That's exactly how any kind of branch starts, including SABI. While I'm not entirely opposed to DA Investigator's, I do think that it would be better to first work on communication and co-operation between the existing factions before inserting another branch in. 

The corruption isn't unbalanced at all, considering our faction count. It's just that it recently came more to light because of an event which caught a lot of people their attention. Rumours spread in a lot of Discords, most of them being false. We have an Internal Affairs Bureau that can easily handle it as has been done previously. 

As a former member of SABI, I can say a new investigative faction is definitely not needed. There were a lot of reasons for it’s downfall and it does not need to be repeated. I’d like to see more work done by our existing factions and more working together between PD, SD and JSA. I would not be opposed to DAI if it was done properly.

• Upvote 1