Commitments to the Community

Dano

2 minutes ago, Sush said:

Threads the GTA:World staff team doesn't want you to see! Exposed! We're uncovering the TRUTH behind the curtain. In reality though, vague statements insulting a wide group of people to spark drama is of course going to get shut down. Pitting people against each other may be the goal here but think, how much time have you yourself put into the game? Do you feel that you've left the community in a better place in however many IG hours you have? Not everything has to be a public takedown of a person or a group.

What? It's not a vague statement, there are hard facts all over my post. Not to mention those who agree with it. I'm a player, me being here, in-game, on the forums, posting, etc. all contribute to make it a better place.

Just now, Thirteen said:

And staff members are volunteers, spending their own personal time assisting the players. Without getting paid, nonetheless.
If you want admins to start treating this like a second job, pay them.

Volunteers. Exactly my point, if you cannot volunteer your time efficiently then don't join. People don't volunteer to have a title such as "Tree Planter" or "Garbage Picker-upper" to flaunt in its rewards. People get administrator, do the bare minimum, then get comfortable. I was an administrator on the biggest SAMP role-play server, I did my duties without complaint, when I had no time I then resigned. It's simple.

Just now, Dano said:

Volunteers. Exactly my point, if you cannot volunteer your time efficiently then don't join. People don't volunteer to have a title such as "Tree Planter" or "Garbage Picker-upper" to flaunt in its rewards. People get administrator, do the bare minimum, then get comfortable. I was an administrator on the biggest SAMP role-play server, I did my duties without complaint, when I had no time I then resigned. It's simple.

So what are you trying to suggest here? For the entire staff team to "resign" because they are not answering your property request fast enough?

Just now, Thirteen said:

So what are you trying to suggest here? For the entire staff team to "resign" because they are not answering your property request fast enough?

For administrators, across the board, to not leave players in the dark. Don't run on the administrators schedule. This is a community known issue, whether it be property requests, CK applications, reports, etc. Even a simple forum message is like a death threat when trying to get an answer. I'm suggesting for management to crack down on request times for all the aforementioned issues.

Hello, we are already looking to change how we go about handling these issues. Right now, a lot of stuff goes without answer due to sheer amount of work for our team. It's impossible to spread such a large workload across such a small team, so the best you can do is simply be patient. We agree that the waiting time for some things are out of hand. But for property requests, there is no way for us to crack down on them as they're already more active then you believe. You're not the only person in line.

In regard to this, as it's already getting hostile. I'll be locking this. 

• Björk locked this topic

I think if you look at it from another POV and see management & Nervous's perspective it will help you understand the situation. What do you think we're trying to do? We're trying to create an enjoyable community, that's active, thriving and delivers great roleplay. Part of that is people having their requests dealt with on time and in a timely manner, so 100% our motivations are in-line with what you want. 

Having said all this it's also true that we can't always deliver on the timescales we want, should a request in my eyes take 17 days to be carried out, no. Are we maliciously counting out two weeks before replying to topics of course not. We want to be able to handle all the requests, complaints and everything else as quickly as possible.

At the moment many teams have been struggling with member count, we've had increased demand over the past year on the server without a great increase in headcount within the staff team. So to be clear, a lot of the issues aren't coming from inactive current staff members not doing there job, more the fact that there is too much work to go around. Despite this staff management and sub-team leaders do a monthly review of members activity and remove people when they are inactive. We're really focused on resolving this and are actively trying to recruit more staff (please apply for support when it opens soon!) as well as change processes and the way some teams operate to prioritise staff members where they are most needed. 

As I said at the top, our interests and motivation here is fully aligned and no one is deliberately trying to slow down your requests, we would be much happier if everything was turned around within 72, 48 or even 24 hours! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

I honestly find such threads extremely insulting and it makes you look like a self entitled kid. You're not playing on an AAA company game, you're joining a community made by players, for players, by the players.

There are definitely improvements to be made on the administration side to improve requests, but it must NEVER comes at the expense of our administrators' life balance or by burning them out. They're players, they deserve to keep playing time and to enjoy doing what they do. They already  perform all the boring tasks hours per day so you can play. What's your contribution to this community? Where are your efforts and commitment to show that you're here to make this community better and work your ass off on boring tasks to improve response times, make suggestions, write guides, help players on discord?

Your thread is not a suggestion to improve, your thread is an insult asking for administrators to be your slaves and work faster. This is not their job and it'll never be, and we will not massively recruit administrators just to improve response time, because we already recruit all the administrators we can recruit. We are strict on quality, if you're unhappy with our standards, our response times, and our values, 2 months was way more than enough to realize it and to go join a real game made by real companies where you'll have paid supports to assist you and where you'll pay your game.

I'll obviously lock this, I am extremely saddened to witness that some people are able to bring up threads like this.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 17
  • Thanks 6
  • Applaud 6