Commitments to the Community

Dano

Administrators offer their help by joining the staff team and assist both the ownership and the community with in-game issues, concerns, and requests. In the application you are asked how much you play and how much time you are willing to provide.

I find it hard to accept that requests, forum private messages, and other concerns are like pulling teeth. The community/players should be treated like customers, they are customers, to a system that relies on administrative action. Sure, people can role-play and what not without the assistance of an administrator. Other factors come into play where administrators need to be relied upon.

Myself and many others feel that this has lacked lately. Starting off with Property Management, how can you expect people to wait 3+ weeks for a response to an application? Not to mention when the response is given it is usually lacking backbone or any sense for that matter. People join these sub-teams to grow within the administration team, and it is said to take hours, days, and weeks to review requests. That is your duty as an administrator. Don't join the sub-team if you cannot actively keep up with the numbers or suggest a new system.

The typical "administrators need to role-play/have other things to do too" excuse shouldn't cut it. Not in a community such as this one where professionalism should be held high. I guarantee I receive the response of "you don't see what goes on behind the scenes" or "there's a lot more work than you think". I've been an administrator on LS:RP, I've lead a massive team (FM) and I get it. My issue is you are supposed to give up your time to give back to the community, finish the requests that you have, and role-play comes second. Don't be an administrator if you're role-play comes first.

Administration isn't a position of power. You are now the so called employee of the game and the community is your customer(s). When this community started it was easy to submit requests, get answers, have conversations. Now it has turned to the typical role-play community response rate. Sure, there are a lot more players and the requests pile up. That should be more than enough reason to cycle through them. 

Taking long to go through requests halts development of illegal factions. It is a known concern that must be fixed. Requests sit there for 3+ weeks and if someone sends a private message to complain or inquire you receive the death penalty. When players inquire it shows they care, they want to see what is going on with their request. If this is kept up, and this is the reputation you want to hold then players will start to not care. Factions are being declined businesses for sub-par reasons yet you see Police Captains owning clubs, bars and whatever else. Or you'll see someone obtain a lease or business and not even open it but that means its taken away from a capable person or group. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3
1 minute ago, Sush said:

Being an admin is a volunteer position. Customer as you may see yourself, the staff team is volunteering their time to help people in game. While yes, they did 'ask for it' or whatever it's still not a real job, etc.

It's not a real job but it shouldn't mean players get shafted if their not an administrator. People get special treatment, if it's their friends or their own business request for example I'm sure it would be bumped up the queue without debate. It's a volunteer position. If you can't fulfil the demand, step down. Simple.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Dano said:

It's not a real job but it shouldn't mean players get shafted if their not an administrator. People get special treatment, if it's their friends or their own business request for example I'm sure it would be bumped up the queue without debate. It's a volunteer position. If you can't fulfil the demand, step down. Simple.

You could apply? Be the change you want to see, right?

5 minutes ago, Sush said:

You could apply? Be the change you want to see, right?

That's not the point though. I'm a player, I utilize the requests and other scripted things in the server so I can have fun. Those things require administrative assistance, acceptance, etc. The team needs to be under strict guidelines and rules. Anyone could "apply" and attempt to change the points I made. But that isn't the point of my argument. It's the current status and commitments from the team as a whole.

Edited by Dano
9 minutes ago, Dano said:

Taking long to go through requests halts development of illegal factions. It is a known concern that must be fixed. Requests sit there for 3+ weeks and if someone sends a private message to complain or inquire you receive the death penalty.

Case and point my CK appeal went unanswered for 17 days and now I'm being told that because RP transpired in those 17 days the appeal is now being denied. What a joke, I get staff members are busy sometimes but expecting factions of 20+ players to just pause their RP for almost a month is ridiculous.

• Upvote 5
2 minutes ago, Henning said:

Case and point my CK appeal went unanswered for 17 days and now I'm being told that because RP transpired in those 17 days the appeal is now being denied. What a joke, I get staff members are busy sometimes but expecting factions of 20+ players to just pause their RP for almost a month is ridiculous.

Exactly, it is expected for situations to go on halt. Administrators don't see that side of the story. In your case, I'm sure you'd be fine waiting 24-48 hours for a response, but anything past that is just ridiculous. If they want to deny your request, or anyone's for that matter, just mark it as denied. Don't wait weeks to justify it. Staff members are in their position for a reason, to handle situations like this accordingly.

Edited by Dano

I can almost guarantee this gets locked within the day due to insulting the stature of the team, or something along those lines. But even that in itself shows that complaints/discussions get locked with ease and quickly. Yet requests, player concerns, etc. are left to rot until it has gone on too far.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Dano said:

I can almost guarantee this gets locked within the day due to insulting the stature of the team, or something along those lines. But even that in itself shows that complaints/discussions get locked with ease and quickly. Yet requests, player concerns, etc. are left to rot until it has gone on too far.

Threads the GTA:World staff team doesn't want you to see! Exposed! We're uncovering the TRUTH behind the curtain. In reality though, vague statements insulting a wide group of people to spark drama is of course going to get shut down. Pitting people against each other may be the goal here but think, how much time have you yourself put into the game? Do you feel that you've left the community in a better place in however many IG hours you have? Not everything has to be a public takedown of a person or a group.

26 minutes ago, Dano said:

The community/players should be treated like customers, they are customers, to a system that relies on administrative action.

And staff members are volunteers, spending their own personal time assisting the players. Without getting paid, nonetheless.
If you want admins to start treating this like a second job, pay them.

• Upvote 3
  • Björk locked this topic