Moderator & New User Icons Positioning

orca112

Hello, it's me again with another suggestion for the forums. Following the update, there are small blimps/icons on certain users such as newly registered members and those with moderation/administration permissions on the forums. Whilst I do not mind the icons in general, their position and allignment could be changed - from the center obstructing the user's profile picture to the bottom or top corner of the profile picture so it can still be seen and aknowledged by users whilst it does not obstruct the users profile picture. Alternatively, it could also be disabled due to the forums ranks (Support, Administrator...) already indicate who has moderation rights on the forums.

uPkRMf6.png

(Obligatory @Everett)

• Upvote 2

+1

When I saw the little badges in the middle of profile pictures including the one on mine, it didn't look the best in my opinion as it somewhat obstructs the view in the middle of the player's profile picture and overall just looks peculiar. I didn't bother to talk about it since I didn't think much of it, but you made a suggestion for it.

Edited by tomatoz

I agree. I'd rather have people discover I'm new through my lack of knowledge and shitty takes than some hand obstructing my beautiful picture. It could make sense to put it in the top right corner or maybe even let each player decide on a few predefined positions such as upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right, middle, off.

On 12/19/2020 at 1:08 PM, Barross said:

if at all!

Yeah, I don't really see the point of having this. I don't mind, but there's no real reason.

I think it's a bug though? Pretty sure no one actually intended the badges to display literally in the middle of your profile picture. If they did then sorry, it doesn't look good!

• 4 weeks later...

Bump

One thing that also seems to come with the odd icon positioning is a border / shadow through the profile pictures. For some, it is barely noticed, however, examples such as the attached pictures clearly show some sort of border / line / shadow.

3YUCe0W.pngU3PMvNB.png

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Wuhtah locked this topic